Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Stop and Smell the Rosemaries

Greetings Happy People,

Have you ever smelled the leaves of a rosemary plant?

If you haven't, then you are missing one of the most beautiful scents in the world.

Many people know that rosemary is a spice that is used to cook different types of food. It can also be used for medicinal purposes too. No matter what it is used for, the smell of a rosemary leaf is beautiful.

How did I come to this revelation? It all happened yesterday as I spent my day with an International Director from Toastmasters. To simplify things, let's name him Kevin.

During one visit to a local business, thoughts were racing through my head. I was wondering if the places we visted would be interested in starting up new clubs. At times, I wondered if this District was going to become Distinguished. There was only seven weeks left in the year and time was getting shorter.

In the midst of my thoughts, Kevin pointed out some plants to me. He told me that they were rosemary plants. He also mentioned that it had a sweet smell and is useful for many things. I looked at the plant and had my doubts. As I walked into the front doors of this company, Kevin picked the leaves from the rosemary plant and put them under my nose.

I took a whiff and for a moment, it felt like my thoughts have eased. Who knew that the plant I see in different parts of the Las Vegas valley, can give such a beautiful, powerful aroma? In the midst of confusion, complications, and concern, there are still things that are sweet and beautiful. Sometimes we need to take the time out and remind ourselves that beautiful things still exist in an ugly world.

The smell from a rosemary plant is one example where we can still find things that are beautiful. Not too many of us can take the time to enjoy the finer things in life. They make us feel good. When we allow the stressful things to conquer our lives, we hide ourselves from the things that are awesome. And that, my friends, is a real shame.

The next time you feel stressed, concerned or confused, please remember to take time out to appreciate the things that are simply beautiful. It does not matter if you smell leaves from a rosemary plant or simply look in front of a mirror, be sure to appreciate any aspect of beauty. It comes in more handy that one can imagine.

That is all I have for now. Take care and thank you for your time and attention.

Sincerely,

Jesse I-I-I

No comments:

Search This Blog