Monday, April 9, 2012

You Suck!!!

Greetings Happy People,

When was the last time someone told you that "You Suck?"

Was it last week, last month, last year, or any time before that?

What did you do after someone told you that?

These two words have an impact on one's life. It can either make one become better than before, or allow one to just give up.

What a person does with these two words is up to that person. Nobody else can make them feel what they want to feel.

From childhood to right now, I have been told that I sucked many times. Whether it was in sports, school, work, or any other part of my life, I have been told that I would not amount to much.

What did I do?

At first, I would believe these people and allow them to eat away at my self esteem. This would make me feel lower and more worthless than I am. Now I know better.

A good example of this was my speaking and writing. As a kid, I always had trouble when it comes to doing these two things. I got constantly corrected by teachers and humiliated by the worse teachers.

And just when you think it was worse, there were the fellow classmates. Some of them were a "complete delight." Picking on me, making me feel dumb, and adding worthlessness to my own personal value.

How did my fortunes change? Thank goodness for high school!! Those four years were seen as a rebuilding process. With the right amount of encouragement and good company, I greatly improved my writing and speaking skills. Slowly but surely, my confidence was coming back.

As I heard the "You Suck" comments throughout college, I had the nerve to just keep going. Not only was I able to further sharpen my speaking and writing skills, but also strengthened my mathematical knowledge too!! Motivation can be a powerful tool if it is correctly used.

After college, I still hear the "You Suck" comments. Although it is not as frequent as before, the negative words are still there. If there is anyone that told me how much I suck, I simply contributed that to their negativity. Like crabs in a pot, these people try to clamp on and pull me down to their level. This time, I chose not to go there.

At any given opportunity, I prefer to better myself at anything I do. It may take time, but at least I would suck less :o)

Do you have someone telling you that "You Suck?" If so, listen to them first and decide what you want to do about it. Are you going to better yourself? Are you going to let them get you down? You have that choice. Whatever you choose to do with those two words, be the best at what you do. You never know how much you can be motivated by those two words.

That is all I have for now. Take care and thank you for your time and attention.

Sincerely,

Jesse I-I-I

No comments:

Search This Blog