Thursday, April 19, 2012

Promote Yourself Through Rejection

Greetings Happy People,

When was the last time you ever had a shot at a promotion?

It could be at work, or an organization, in a team, or anywhere else.

I have a shot at many promotions right now. One involves my job. Another involves an organization I belong to. And another involves my personal life as I tie the knot.

Yes, there are many opportunities on the horizon for Mr. I-I-I and I am grateful to take part in them.

Do I hope to get promoted in whatever I do? Of course!! Every promotion offers new challenges, different steps, and plenty of opportunities to grow. I always win when I grow. Whether I am accepted or rejected, I can take it as growing lessons.

As I look forward to these potential opportunities, I am reminded on how others take promotional opportunities way too seriously. For them, it seems like a life and death situation. I have seen people throw themselves into heart attacks, grievances, bitterness, and other negative viewpoints. Thanks to this, their trust is destroyed, their hopes faded away, and the visions were blinded.

While it is true that these people take rejection very hard, they also fail to realize how much negativity they created for themselves. It may be true that they deserve to get promoted, but they are relying on others to do their own promoting. This happens.

If I was a few years younger, I would fall victim to the venomous sting of rejections. I would create my bitterness about people, places, and things. I would let the door close on whatever future opportunities  come my way. I would let the anger, fears, hatred, doubts, and turmoil, eat me up until I am engulfed in my own woe.

Thank goodness I grew up.

While it may be good to get that promotion from others, it is better to promote yourself first. No matter what happens to me, I can always learn from any promotion or rejection that comes my way. I can see that if something wasn't meant for me, a better opportunity will come my way. All I have to do is believe it and find ways to make it happen. If I can promote myself as an individual, I will be better off in the long run.

How does one promote him or herself? There are many good ways to do that. Take part in things that will help you grow as a person. Whether it be education, visualization, cooperation, or imagination, you can become your own creation. There is no crime in boosting your own personal stock.

Some people think that they have control over whom to promote and whom to reject. It is only true if you let them. Never let anyone else determine your own self worth. It doesn't matter what one's race, gender, or creed is, promoting that person in the mirror pays off in the long run.

Rejection may be a part of life, but it doesn't have to part YOUR life.

What are you going after you get rejected? Will you promote yourself? The answer is up to you.

That is all I have for now. Thank you for your time and attention.

Sincerely,

Jesse I-I-I


No comments:

Search This Blog