Thursday, May 10, 2012

Carbon Copy

Greetings Happy People,

Who says that you can't be yourself?

I am myself and I like the person I see in the mirror. I like doing things that make me feel happy. I am also learning that I don't have to do things that don't make me feel comfortable. When I am myself, I know that I can live guilt-free by being Mr. I-I-I.

There were many people that want me to catch up with some of the trendy things such as fashion, language, music, and which "in crowd" to hang with. At first, I thought it was a requirement to do these things just to fit in. But what am I actually fitting into? If I were to fit into someone's expectation, I am being that person that they want me to be. And that my friends is a very uncomfortable feeling.

Anytime I meet up with relatives that is trying to catch up with the latest thing, I ask them what are they doing. Their response is trying to be "themselves."

Now let me get this straight. You are dressing, acting, and talking like the people you see on TV, yet you want to become an original? To me that doesn't make any sense at all. As these same folks look at me as if I was out of touch, I can say that I am grateful that I don't have to follow what is in. After all, what is in today can be out by tomorrow.

With that said, it is always good to be yourself. Like it or not, you don't have to answer to the rules that someone else makes on what is the in thing to do. If you like to do some things, that is great!! If not, that is okay too!! No one says that you have to do some things in a certain way. Just be yourself and the rest will follow. Life is too short to be an imitation.

That is all I have for now. Take care and thank you for your time and attention.

Sincerely,

Jesse I-I-I

No comments:

Search This Blog