Friday, February 11, 2011

We Are Toastmasters!!

Greetings Happy People,

It just does not matter.

It does not matter if someone is a Distinguished Toastmaster.

It does not matter is someone is a World Champion of Public Speaking.

It does not matter if someone is a past District Governor or a past International officer.

It does not matter if someone is a club, Area, or District officer.

It does not matter if someone is a Competent Communicator or an Advanced Leader.

It does not matter if someone is a brand new Toastmaster.

The only thing that matters is that we are Toastmasters. As soon as we are sworn in as members, we took an oath to not only to be the best communicators and leaders we can be, but also the best voluntary servants and helpers.

We are here to learn, share, and grow in many ways. We are here to improve ourselves as better people in our communities. We are here to help other Toastmasters be the best they can be with positive words and helpful evaluations. We are here to welcome guests and other people that are willing to take those first steps for their self development and personal growth.

For every meeting we attend, for every contest we participate, for every role we serve, we are giving a message. Not just the type of message where one stands in front of an audience, but a message that is delivered to communities, neighborhoods, and even ourselves. When one is able to see this message, then the real beauty of Toastmasters is shown.

For the past years, I took on roles to learn what I can do and what I am able to do. There maybe times where I fell, but at least I am able to learn from them and get up again. There are times where I want to throw in the towel. There are times where I want to shake my head. No matter what I go through in this organization, I keep reminding myself the fact that I am still a Toastmaster. This realization has kept me on the ground as I aim for my own heights. If one is able to see this logic, then they can also see the beauty of Toastmasters in themselves.

So if you are a past District Governor, a past International officer, a World Champion, a club or District officer, a Distinguished Toastmaster, a Competent Communicator, an Advanced Leader, or a new member. We all have one common ground. We all have one common passion. We all have one common message. We are Toastmasters!!

That is all I have for now. Take care and thank you for your time and attention.

Sincerely,

Jesse I-I-I

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Awesome! It says it all. I hope all former Toastmasters get to read this too...

Search This Blog