Monday, February 14, 2011

Love and Gratitude

Greetings Happy People,

Today is February 14th. For some people, it is known as Valentine’s Day. For others, it is know as the day where people buy things to show how much they love their significant other. When it comes to this day, all I can do is shrug my shoulders to it. Why? Well, let me say that I when it comes to this day, I experienced both sides of the rainbow.

Ten years ago on this day, I had one of my worst dates. I went out with this lady named “Elaine.” She was one of those people that always thought about herself. It was so bad that it got to the point where it was pretty conceited. For her it is always “gimme, gimme, gimme” and she always acted like a little child when things did not go her way. As for gratitude, she did not know what the word meant.

I went out with her for four months and this was one of those moments where I knew that this relationship had to end. That night, we went to the Cheesecake Factory at the Forum Shoppes in Caesar’s Palace. She did not just want to go there; she demanded to be taken there. OUCH!! When we got there, we waited for fifteen minutes and got ourselves seated. When she ordered her dinner, let’s say that she ordered one of the most expensive items on the menu. As for me, I ordered the salad and water.

When the food arrived, she took only two bites and wanted to go somewhere else. WHAT?!! After all of that, the waitress and I kept our cool despite her ungratefulness. Thankfully the night ended earlier than expected and the relationship ended a couple months after that.

Thank goodness, that relationship came to an end. Now for something different, I would like to go to the current relationship I am in. Yes, with my fiancée Dana.

We first met each other five years ago and got some good vibes from each other. It took me two years to ask her out and she said yes. After that, we manage to have good times with each other. Whether it is going out to some nice places, hanging out with friends, or just talking to each other, we are both grateful for each other’s company. We do not have to rely on one day to express our feelings toward each other. Instead, we use 365 days.

Comparing Dana to “Elaine” is like comparing day and night. While one lady is ungrateful and spoiled, the other is grateful and a pleasure to be around. There are people that are in relationships with other people. Some are grateful while others are ungrateful to the point that they want someone else. Are you in either of these relationships? If you are in the grateful ones, good for you!! If you are in the ungrateful ones, ask yourself why you are in this predicament and wonder if it is still worth it. In this case, it is better to be alone and happy than with someone that makes you unhappy.

When it comes to having that great relationships, the one major secret I have for you lies in who you see in that mirror. Do you like what you see? Are you grateful for that person that is looking back at you? Learning how to love and be grateful for yourself is a great first step in a successful relationship. If you don’t love yourself, how can you love others? I am learning that lesson pretty well. Hopefully you are too!!

That is all I have for now. Take care and thank you for your time and attention.

Sincerely,

Jesse I-I-I

No comments:

Search This Blog