Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Rest Area

Greetings Happy People,

Have you had one of those moments where your body shuts down?

I had plenty of moments where my muscles weigh me down, my eyes feel like they are on fire, and my brain starts to say goodnight. Whenever that happens, I can only do one thing – get some rest!! When I am able to get some rest, I would feel ready and available to take on the next set of tasks. Often times, it involves meeting a four-legged friend named bed. When I go to bed, I often feel drained and want to get some rest. After resting, I feel a lot better.

This logic also applies to some of the places I travel. Whenever I get tired, I ask someone to take over the driving until I am fully rested. This is helpful during those trips I take as a top officer in my Toastmaster District. If I were to go on without any rest, I create those risks that are not good for me or anyone else. Whether it involves work, recreation, or anything else, it is always good to take a break.

Between Las Vegas and Barstow, there are different stops where one could pull over and stop either for a few minutes or overnight. In Nevada, there are the small towns or Jean and Primm. In California, there are two rest areas and the small town of Baker. When I travel these roads on a frequent basis, I know that there are those opportunities where I can pull over, rest for a few minutes, and go on my merry way.

In addition to travel, there are other times where I need to rest before going to the next task at hand. One good example involves my leadership track. After I served two consecutive terms as an Area Governor, I rested for a year. After I served a year as Division Governor, I rested another year. When I am finished climbing my way through the top three positions in my TM District, chances are that I will rest again before deciding where to go next. If I had not found the time to rest, I would certainly run myself ragged and not be in the current shape I am in.

Another example can also be applied to my workplace. When things become a little overwhelming, I would step back, rest up, and come back to the task at hand. Had I not found anytime to rest, my health would be in far worse shape due to excess stress. Trust me Happy People, a little rest can go a long way!!

No matter what you do or who you are, it does not hurt to get some rest. It may slow the time it takes to get to certain goals, but it will allow you to refocus, reenergize, re-strategize, and relax. After a good amount of rest, a person can feel good enough to get to where they want to go. So the next time you see a rest area in your travels, be sure to pull over, relax, and keep on driving. You will feel better for doing so.

That is all I have for now. Take care and thank you for your time and attention.

Sincerely,

Jesse I-I-I

No comments:

Search This Blog