Sunday, December 26, 2010

Why Do I Write?

Greetings Happy People,

Why do I write?

There are so many answers to this question. After writing 150+ posts on my blog, there has to be some key reasons on why I am still doing this. From all these reasons, they dwindle down to one common factor that is basic and to the point. What is this common factor? Well in order to find out, let’s go over the main reasons why I still write.

REASON 1 – Because I can express myself

This is an obvious reason. Writing a post on my blog gives me a vehicle to express myself in ways I can imagine. Whatever I think about, I bring about on the computer. This really works when I have been through a personal experience that hits home. The posts I write are reflections of what is on my mind. Ironically, many of these posts deliver important messages behind these experiences. This in turn will allow the Happy People to learn the lessons I have – including myself.

REASON 2 – Because I can improve

For this next reason, I would like for you to look at my first few posts from when I started. Now look at my more recent ones. Do you notice any differences? If so, then you can see the next reason on why I write. It is to improve myself. I know that in some posts I have some grammatical errors. I also have some sentences that sound pretty awkward. Nevertheless I keep writing because I want to get better at it. It is a rarity that someone gets something done perfectly on the first try. It takes lots of effort and willingness to get things right. From the words of 2001 World Champion of Public Speaking Darren LaCroix, he can sum the following message in six words:

“Stage time. Stage time. Stage time.”

What does that mean? The more you do something, the better you will become. Everybody has the same starting point. The question is where do you want your finish line to be? You can find out your answer by taking the opportunity in stepping up to your stage. No matter if I write 1 or 150 posts, I improve because I learn.

REASON 3 – Because I can create opportunities

Every time I write a post on my blog, it creates opportunities. Not just for me, but for the people that read it. While it is true that I am able to write and publish my very first book (which is now available of Amazon.com and BarnesandNoble.com – wink wink), it gives other people a chance to learn and create their own opportunities. There are people I know that are writing their own words via their own blogs. There are others that using other methods to express themselves – poetry, singing, or even speaking. No matter what one does, writing can create those simple opportunities for everyone.

FINAL REASON – Because I can….

That’s it. The final reason on why I write is because I can. It takes a lot to get these words from idea to post. I could have stopped. I could have said that no one would listen to this. I could have done nothing. But thanks to giving these words a whirl, I am able to write whatever message I can to the Happy People!! It takes lots of dedication, effort, and thought in doing this, but I am here to let you know that what I am doing can be done by anyone. If I can do it, you can do it too!!

Well, there are my reasons on why I am still writing to you Happy People. I hope they were good ones. I am sure that there will be more reasons on why I do this. But until then, I will keep on writing.

That is all I have for now. Take care and thank you for your time and attention.

Sincerely,

Jesse I-I-I

No comments:

Search This Blog