Monday, December 20, 2010

Knocked Down or Knocked Out

Greetings Happy People,

“It doesn’t matter how many times you get knocked down, it matters how many times you get up.”

Many of us have heard this quote before, but does anybody believe it anymore?

Many of us have heard this so many times that it sounds like cliché in nature. Others have not only heard this, but also lived it.

When it comes to this quote, it depends on the individual.

We get knocked down in life. Whether it is emotionally, physically, financially, or spiritually, we have setbacks that knock us down. The question is what are we going to do about it? Are we going to let these setbacks keep us down? Will we let these bad experiences make us feel bitter and turn us into quitters? Or will we get up from them, learn from our knockdowns, and just go on?

It depends on the individual.

Whether great or small, I had many knockdowns in life. I am sure that I will have many more ahead of me. From my own experience I can tell you that whenever I get knocked down, I choose to get up. Some times may take longer than others, but at least I will get up from them.

There were times that I let certain knockdowns drag me down. When that happened, all the negativity seeped into my mind. The questions, doubts, worry, and other things in life drained me to greater depths. I use to let people and things do that to me. It got to the point where I was about to believe them until I asked myself the following question:

“Conquer or be conquered?”

Once I am able to answer this question, it will give me a choice on how to handle my knockdowns. I can get up or stay down. Most times, I choose the former and come out better than before. What will others choose? What will you choose?

Life is a journey Happy People. We learn more about ourselves through our knockdowns. We learn what we can and cannot take. When it comes to that beginning quote, it depends on how we handle it. Are we going to ignore it and deal with our struggles or are we going to get up, learn from it, and move on?
The choice is up to us.

That is all I have for now. Take care and thank you for your time and attention.

Sincerely,

Jesse I-I-I

No comments:

Search This Blog