Thursday, December 16, 2010

It's Still Important to Be Nice!!

Greetings Happy People,

Las Vegas has lots of important people. You can find them in gyms, nightclubs, churches, work, and any other place.

When you see these important people, you will probably notice them. They walk as if the ground is made of water, their noses are up in the stratosphere, and they extract excrement that does not stink. If you were to come up to them, they will give you a look so condescending, it’s ridiculous. Chances are these looks will give you the following quotes:

“Who are you?”

“What are you doing here?”

“Oh Please!! You are not in my league!!”

“Why bother? I’m just too good for you!!”

Yep. These looks say a lot. To me, they ooze nothing put pomposity and egotism. I am for feeling important and promoting self-worth, but some people can take it way over the line.

Throughout my life, I have met these important people. I have seen them in two different lights. The first light, from many years ago, was not good. Anytime, an important person gives me a glare, I would put my head down and let it eat my self-esteem. The second light is one where I can walk away with my head up, say “whatever,” and realize that these people are missing out on a very awesome individual. Thankfully I choose to see things in the latter light. Hey, it’s their loss.

If you have ever been snubbed by an important person, don’t take it hard. These people will either fall of their high horse or have their egos get so big, they will pop like balloons. Little do they know is that they will meet you again under different circumstances and you will look very important.

While these important people are not worthy of emulating, one can wonder they best way NOT to copy their style. My answer is simple – be nice!! Being nice to people pays off. It not only allows an open door to create a friendship, it can create something more that will last longer and be much stronger. The treatment you give will be the same one you get in return. It is a simple notion and it surprises me how many people still don’t get it.

In the words of legendary saxophone player Sam Butera, “It’s nice to be important, but more important to be nice.” Relationships, businesses, and anything else have prospered through these simple words. I just wish more folks can follow this logic. If so, then it will be a better place to live for everyone. And THAT will be very nice!!

That is all I have for now. Take care and thank you for your time and attention.

Sincerely,

Jesse I-I-I

No comments:

Search This Blog