Sunday, December 5, 2010

Appreciation Still Matters

Greetings Happy People,

It’s always good to be appreciated. It’s just as good to appreciate.
Appreciation is the fuel that keeps one going. No matter if it is one drop or one gallon, appreciation can go a long way in life.

I have so many things I appreciate in life. I appreciate Dana. I appreciate being the part of the Blue & Orange Nation. I appreciate the Toastmasters community. I appreciate my automobile. Heck!! I appreciate the way I am living right now. It is not only a great feeling but it just keeps me going!!

To me, appreciation is like a boomerang. In order to get it, you have to give it. In order to give appreciation, one has to make sure that it is real. People can say that they can appreciate things, yet not mean it. When that happens, they are doing no one any favors.

One of the problems in today’s society is that people don’t really take the time to appreciate the people, places and things that help them live successfully. Lack of appreciation and recognition creates grudges, questions, doubts, suspicions, and loss of faith. When that happens, people will go somewhere else for better appreciation. There may be some false sense of motivation that’s keeping them around, but underneath the surface, people will get tired of it. People have left jobs, relationships, towns, teams, and other things due to lack of appreciation. What’s here today could be gone tomorrow.

How can something like this be prevented? The answer is simple. The next time someone does anything that is good or worthy, appreciate that person. It could be a pat on the shoulder. It could be a simple “thank you.” It could be something just as long as you show that you really appreciate and recognize that person’s efforts. A little can go a long way.

The things I mentioned at the beginning of this post are the things I appreciate the most. There maybe more things out there. But with this appreciation I manage to have a strong relationship with these people, places, and things that mean so much to me. Without them, life would be a little rougher for me to live.

Do you have things that you appreciate? If so, let it be known!! Life is too short not to take time to do this.

That is all I have for now. Take care and thank you for your time and attention.

Sincerely,

Jesse I-I-I

No comments:

Search This Blog