Friday, December 16, 2011

Clean Toastmasters DO the Dirty Work!!

Greetings Happy People,

It seems to happen every Toastmaster year.

There is a group of people that want the glory, but do not want to do the real work behind it.

Whether it is a member, a club officer, or a District officer, these people always want something for nothing. On the surface, they see themselves as model Toastmasters. Underneath the surface is a whole different story.

And the results are not surprising at all. The clubs have low membership numbers. The areas and divisions are in shambles. The Districts would have low ranking numbers. And as they receive their respective awards, other hardworking Toastmasters would say “Really?” I have also seen District officers get removed by the District Governor during the year!!

Yet, these effortless people put on their drama masks and say, “What happened? It couldn’t be MY fault!!”

To those people, I shake my head and say “Think again!!”

Clean Toastmasters DO The Dirty Work!!

Instead of finding excuses on what happened, the "Clean Toastmasters" use any possible method, resource, plans, and means to make it work. If they fall, they will get up, learn their lessons, and keep moving forward. Their amazing amount of determination and grit will not only earn the awards, achievements, and accolades, but also the respect and inspiration of other Toastmasters that are watching.

Why are they respected so much? Because they are always willing to DO THE DIRTY WORK!! They have the courage to take the steps and make the action happen!! There may be that fear dwelling inside of them, but it goes away once they take action.

When I become District Governor next Toastmaster year, I hope to work with an amazing awesome percentage of “Clean Toastmasters.” They are the people I can rely on to do amazing things for the District. They are also the ones I can count on by ensuring that we do have Unity in the Community. When that happens, I know the District will be in good shape before the year even begins.

In the same breath, I also expect the people from the other side of the rainbow. For the sake of many people, I hope that they can see how important their roles are in serving their respective communities. If not, they WILL see in a whole different and much dimmer light.

Actions do speak louder than words, Happy People!! Clean Toastmasters DO the dirty work!!

If you are a Clean Toastmaster, keep doing what you are doing.

If not, you can still be one!!

If you CHOOSE not to be one, what’s YOUR excuse? I would like to hear it.

That is all I have for now. Take care and thank you for your time and attention.

 Sincerely,

 Jesse I-I-I

No comments:

Search This Blog