Sunday, July 10, 2011

Reflections

Greetings Happy People,

Do you have a favorite place to get away?

Can you picture this place in your head right now?

When you think about this place, do all your troubles go away?

I have many favorite places. One of which I just came back from. Yesterday, I drove on US 101 from Santa Barbara to Ventura (California). Everytime I go to this piece of highway, I am in awe of its beauty.

Seeing the waves crash, smelling the wonderful ocean air, and feeling the cool breeze is a great getaway for Mr. I-I-I - ESPECIALLY during the summertime!!

As I drive along this highway, I reflect on many things. I reflect on my life, my directions, and my passions. Some thoughts are shallow while others are as deep as the ocean I see. Yesterday's drive gave me plenty of food for thought.

The foods of thought I have are the passions in my life. I notice that I have lots of them. It always make me feel grateful as I amaze myself with how much these positives outweigh the negatives. I often wonder how far these passions can take me. The only way I can answer that question is to walk through those doors.

However, there are some doors in my life that aren't fully open. Instead, they are blocked by the negatives in my life. These negatives are the ones that can never see the good aspects of life. They live behind the gates facing the doubts and other things that make them feel less empowered. Hanging around these folks and situations can surely drain a person's energy. As I drive along that portion of the 101, I realize how thankful I am that I can live life beyond the gates and appreciate my passions.

As I see where the shore ends and the rest of the world begins, I wish that I can find a way to leave the negatives in my life for good and embrace my passions a little more. Somehow I believe that there are certain means that can do that. One of them happens to be the person I see in the mirror. The others have to be found by that person. Sooner or later, it will happen.

If you have a place where you like to go on occasion, please go there. While you are there, take the time to reflect on your life. You will probably have more answers to the questions you ask. It is amazing how a getaway can change things. As I leave the coastline, I take my reflections with me. Hopefully, they can take me to more positive places in my life.

That is all I have for now. Take care and thank you for your time and attention.

Sincerely,

Jesse I-I-I

No comments:

Search This Blog