Friday, July 22, 2011

Message to Washington

Greetings Leaders of Washington,

Aside from the positive messages I have been giving on to this blog, I have something to say that requires serious attention. I really hope that you are listening to what I have to say.

It comes to my attention that both political parties are still pointing fingers about how to fix this debt crisis. Now I hear that folks are walking away from deals because it does not fit to their measures.

I love the United States. I live in this country and am proud to be an American. However, the pointing fingers and blame game is becoming more of an embarrassment. Not only for me, but for all Americans. I am disappointed that our leaders are able make excuses and not find any aggreable solutions. We as Americans should come together and fix this mess, not expose it.

It is also my understanding that if a solution is not met very soon, that this country will go into default. Correct me if I am wrong, but this is the first time this will happen in American history. This country has been around for 235 years and it is the first time that it will go into default? If our founding fathers and leaders from the past were alive today, they would hang their heads in embarrassment and shame. I hope you can sleep at night with this disappointment on your heads.

I don't care what party you belong to. I don't care where you stand on things. My voice maybe one voice, but it is saying that you need to come together and find a solution RIGHT NOW!! Fix America RIGHT NOW!!

If you do not make an agreement in 2011, we as Americans will make choices for you on the first Tuesday in November of 2012.

I am tired of the politics so stop playing them and get this done. If we don't work together, we will ALL fall apart. That is a risk that no one wants to see happen.

It would break my heart to see this nation fall in this matter. In the event that it does happen, we as Americans must pick ourselves up again and move forward. Throughout history, we have been able to overcome anything - wars, depressions, and other crisis. Although this maybe a challenge for us, we can make it through this process. All we have to do is come together as one true and indivisible nation. This can be done not by just the 535 people on the hill, but by the 300 million people living from sea to shining sea.

The future is now and it is in our hands. We can make this better for all!!

That is all I have to say for now. Take care and thank you for your time and attention!!

Sincerely,

Jesse Oakley I-I-I

No comments:

Search This Blog