Saturday, July 23, 2011

Daddy Needs a New Pair of Shoes

Greetings Happy People,

If you want to get to the future, sometimes you got to let go of the past.

Before I tossed my old shoes in the garbage this morning, I took a good look at them. Those things went through many miles. From the holes in the soles to the worn out treading, these shoes have been through many adventures. Now it's time to let them go.

When I bought these shoes, I did not care about the style or which brand they were. I was looking for comfort and color. Something that was black and fit my size 10 1/2 feet. When I found these pair of shoes, I would take them on different journies. The type that some soles dream about.

As I looked at these old shoes, I thought about the different paths they travelled. You can never tell a person's life unless you travelled in their shoes. If shoes could talk, I'm sure that they have something to say.

When you look at your worn out shoes, what words could they tell you? Are they going to tell you about jogs to the park? Are they going to tell you about the time you spent with friends and family. Or are they going to tell you about other things that are worth mentioning?

Sometimes it gets to me when people buy $300 shoes because some basketball or football player wears them. It maybe their shoes, but you are the one that still has to wear them. Instead, I choose to buy shoes that are around a 1/10th of that price range. They maybe a no-name variety, but I am giving them a identity because they are MY shoes!! Plus, I could save some serious money and use it for something else. ESPECIALLY stuff that involves travelling with my $30 shoes :o)

What message could be given about this story? No matter what type of shoes you wear, they become a part of your life. As time passes, your shoes shows many levels of experience as they go through the wears and tears. If that happens, it's okay to get yourself some new shoes. It's also okay to have some good memories of the old shoes you wore, but life still goes on, Happy People.

To start a new adventure in life, you got to get yourself a new pair of shoes. Who knows, you might live through more adventures if you start wearing them!!

That is all I have for now. Take care and thank you for your time and attention.

Sincerely,

Jesse I-I-I

No comments:

Search This Blog