Thursday, November 4, 2010

One For the Team

Greetings Happy People,

I am a fan of American football.

From my earlier post "Hail to the Redskins," I told you about how and why I become a fan of the Washington Redskins.

I am also a fan of college football too. My favorite teams are the Notre Dame Fighting Irish and the UNLV Rebels (my alma mater). When it comes to the recent seasons, you can say that these two teams are not doing very well. While other people are fans of other teams like the Florida Gators, the LSU Tigers, or the USC Trojans, I am still a fan of the Irish and the Rebels.

People often ask me why I am not a fan of any other teams. I just respond that I like them not matter what they do. I may not be a big fan of them losing most of the time, but at least I am still a fan.

Being dedicated to a team says a lot. When some people would walk away and leave their teams during a bad spell, we still have others that are still supporting the team they have been fans of for many, many years. Being a dedicated fan shows that one is able to stick with the team through the thicks and thins. No matter how good or how bad they are, they are still with the team.

Being a friend, a spouse, or an employee can also take on the same logic. There are those people out there that stick with a certain brand that they rely on for many years. Unless there is something major that would make them leave, the dedicated people are usually better people to have than the fairweather ones.

Have you ever tried to rely on someone that is fairweather? Someone that hops from one spot to another, leaving you in the dust? Depending on the flakiness, not too many people find them reliable because they simply flake. When it comes to dedication in something, it still matters because you know that a dedicated person will usually stick by until the job is done.

Imagine if more people show the same die-hard dedication to the things they do. Chances are that we will have more successful people because they know the experiences of never letting go until things are done. And when they are done, a sense of satisfaction can be had by all.

No matter the wins or the losses, if one sticks with a goal, a vision, or something they truly believe in, one will win - no matter what!!

That is all I have for now. Take care and thank you for your time and attention.

Sincerely,

Jesse I-I-I

No comments:

Search This Blog