Sunday, November 14, 2010

It's a Privilege

Greetings Happy People,

I have mentioned many times how joining Toastmasters is an awesome investment. To cover this latest post for you Happy People, I must let you in on the following information. If anyone is interested in joining a Toastmasters club, please check a few out before making a decision on which club to join. And when you do decide to join remember that in order to be an official Toastmasters, you must be voted in.

This is not a scary process. All you have to do is step outside the room and the members of a Toastmasters club decide to either vote you in or not. There are clubs I know that require you to attend three meetings before you apply for membership. Why this process? If you can be voted in, you can also be voted out. Throughout my own experiences, I have not seen anyone get voted out of any Toastmasters club. However, there have been some close calls. People get voted out of a Toastmasters club, due to the fact that they either have been disruptive, mean-spirited, or cause either mental or physical injury to fellow members. This would hurt the club atmosphere and causes more people to leave.

As fun as it can become, joining a Toastmasters club is still a privilege.

I also belong to plenty of social network groups. Facebook and Twitter are the two that I am most involved with. When it comes to friends and fans, I would have to say that being a part of my world can also be seen as a privilege. I now have over 900 friends on Facebook and more than 170 people on my fan page. There were times where I had to cut friends, reject people, and say no to many invites. Trust me. I do this for a reason.

If there was somebody that I really did not trust – they would not be a good Facebook friend. If there was someone caused physical or mental harm to someone with no reason, I would not let them on my fan page. If there was somebody that gives me the wrong smell of any sort, so much for following me on Twitter. The people that are friends and followers are the ones I am truly grateful for. They showed me that they can not only be trusted, but also doing something with their lives. It is a privilege and honor to have these Happy People in my life.

Do you have those high quality people that you have in your corner? If so, that is awesome!! If not, then you can still have them. Do you have those people that you just don’t trust? If so, you have the same right to reject, cut, or just say no to them. Remember, you hold the power to your life and have the privilege to do what you want to do. If you keep these people that you don’t trust, you will be worse off than you were before. Only you can make that difference in your life on who enters your world. It may take some time. It may be difficult. But if you decide to keep the right people along with you, you will be better off.

That is all I have to say. Take care and thank you for your time and attention.

Sincerely,

Jesse I-I-I

No comments:

Search This Blog