Monday, November 1, 2010

The Eternal Face

Greetings People,

Have you ever been to a wake, a funeral, or a burial?

As you can probably tell, these are not the happiest places for anyone to be. Within the last year and a half, I have been to these types of services and it is not an easy thing to go through. Of all the mournful services I have been to, the ones that get me the most are the ones where the person in the casket has an uneasy look on their face.

About a month ago, I went to a wake for a distant relative. I met some people I have not seen in a while. The person that they were honoring had been ailing for the last few years of her life. The last time I saw her, she was on an oxygen tank, walking on a walker, and battling different diseases. You can say that life was not easy for her at all. When she crossed over to the other side, not too many people were surprised.

When I walked up to the casket, I had a very uncomforting feeling about what I was going to see. When I looked in the casket, I saw one of the most difficult things I could have seen. It looked like she appeared to be in tremendous amounts of pain. One could have only wondered what she felt before she crossed over. I have seen faces where some people were at peace and others were smiling, but this one was incredibly disturbing. I can not only imagine what she went through at that time, but what her immediate family could have been thinking. When they saw that uneasy look…..

I'm sorry but I can’t go on with this. I just can’t do it. The thing I want to do right now is pray for this woman’s soul as well as her family. It was rough for them to go through and I hope that they find some silver lining in the cloudy skies.

As for myself, the only wish I have is that I don’t go through this type of pain before I cross over – which hopefully will be a long time from now. Having any type of eternal face tells a story on how one feels before they go. I just hope that more eternal faces would be more peaceful and serene. It would be pretty sad and messed up if anyone were to go with unhappiness, pain, and sadness. I’d rather see the complete opposite of it.

That is all I have to say for now. Take care and thank you for your time and
attention.

Sincerely,

Jesse I-I-I

No comments:

Search This Blog