Sunday, September 19, 2010

Open Door Leadership

Greetings Happy People,

Have you ever taken on a leadership role?

Whether it involves work, community, or organizations, many people have stepped up to different leadership roles. Some experiences were good, others weren’t so great. No matter the outcome, the people that take on these leadership roles will always be better off than the people that never stepped up.

Whether it was good or bad, the leadership roles I’ve held brought in tremendous amounts of learning experience. I not only learn what I can and cannot do, but how I can improve myself and become better. Throughout the process, I made amazing friends, gained few adversaries, and created levels of credibility I could never imagine.

On any given day, people wonder if it is worth it to just step up and take on a leadership role. They have the “What ifs,” the “How coulds,” and the”Should I’s” Some people would never take on any leadership roles due to a bad experience. If I were to talk to a person that feels this way, I can only offer these following words:

“Leadership is like a door. If you go through it, you can gain wonders of experiences. If you don’t go through it, you can only wonder.”

Those people that choose not to go through the door can only wonder what is on the other side. They can wonder about this, and they can wonder about that, but all they can ever do is wonder. People that go through the door will be better off because they are the ones that better themselves through experience.

I can write more about the benefits of leadership. I can talk to someone about the rewards of leadership. However, for one to experience the learning process, one must take those steps and learn for themselves. The road may start off rough, but with time it gets a little smoother. If I can take those steps and be better for it, I am sure that others can do it too. Everyone has the same starting line, but where the finish line lies is up to that individual.

For those people that decide to take on leadership roles, I give you my own personal kudos. It is not an easy road, but you decide to go forth and make your trails that others will follow. You are creating legacies that will be lived for a long time.

For those people that decide not to take on leadership roles, all I got to say is that it is your decision to make. However, if you ever decide to come through that door, you are more than welcome to do so. Only you have that power to make that decision.

That is all I have to say for now. Take care and thank you for your time and
attention.

Sincerely,

Jesse I-I-I

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your great mind opens a lot of doors for people who read your blog. The mind is a conglomerate of doors of experiences.I agree with your point on doors that must be open by the individual in order to experience what's on the other side. The individual who has a close mind keeps those doors closed to a conglomerate of possibilities in life. Leadership allows those doors to be opened. We become educated when we do this.In closing I'd like to share Thomas Moore's principle on a truly educated person.It is through the many transformative events of one's life. Yes, it happens when an individual steps up to the open door leadership,one becomes truly educated. Cheers! Angie Manchester

Search This Blog