Sunday, September 12, 2010

Courage Past Fear

Greetings Happy People,

My name is Jesse Oakley I-I-I.

On weekdays, I work as an Associate Engineer in my “Clark Kent” job.

But is that who I REALLY am? No.

Beneath the position, I am something more than this vocation. I am a brother, a son, a friend, and I-I-I (an Incredibly Inspiring Individual)!! Nothing makes me better than the next guy. Nothing makes me worse than the other person. I am simply me and I like myself!!

I believe that there are souls dwelling in our bodies. Some are good ones, while others need a little work. If we take the time to look at the insides of the person, we can find something that is more than one can expect!!

Unfortunately, we live in a world where people don’t take the time to look inside a real person. We let our own personal barriers block the vision of another person. Whether it is skin color, religion, occupation, gender, physical looks, or anything else, people can not go past those walls to see the real person. Why? I think it can be summed up in four letters: F-E-A-R.

Fear creates many paths of negativity. It creates ignorance, anger, doubt, and hatred. Many people thoughts and beliefs are spawned from this small four letter word. Little do they know, this same fear will come back to them like a boomerang. The more fear they put out, the more they will get back.

In order to break this fear, one needs not to fight it. Instead, it can only be faced. It is surprising to know how courage can conquer any fear one may have. With courage you can make those steps to go past the layers and just know a person. By then, you will be able to know what a person is really like. Who knows? Friendships can be created this way!!

Will the whole world realize this thought? Not really. But I hope that an individual can take the time out to show enough courage in removing their own walls. If the person is able to do that, than that will be one person that will not have to settle things by fists, guns, or wars. And that is one step closer to where this world can be. All it takes is for people to remove their walls and see who the person is. Oh how worlds can change when this is done!!

That is all I have for now. Take care and thank you for your time and attention.

Sincerely,

Jesse I-I-I

No comments:

Search This Blog