Tuesday, May 25, 2010

100!!

Greetings Happy People,

I have officially done it!!

Today not only marks the 1-year anniversary of Mr. I-I-I’s Blogsite, but also the 100th post on this site!! That’s right!! This is a landmark moment and an amazing accomplishment!! Who knew that one person can come up with 100 things to write in one calendar year? It took tremendous amounts of effort. It took some vision to have this idea. It also took lots of steps to get from the beginning to where I am right now. Amazing isn’t it?

How did I get my start in creating this blog for all you happy people? The idea for creating my own blog happened five years ago. I was at a Starmasters Toastmasters meeting when a past member gave a speech about the importance of blogging. He not only talked about what it is, but how it can be done, and the various reasons for blogging. At the end of his presentation, I was in complete awe!! I was so impressed that I thought, “Hey!! It would be cool to have MY own blog!!” I was inspired!!

The person that gave the presentation went on to become a successful blogger in his own right. He gave presentations, wrote a book, and became a well-known entrepreneur. His name was Steve Pavlina.

The inspiration I received from Mr. Pavlina stayed in my mind for a long time. Four years to be exact. On and off, I thought about writing my own blog. But the questions were what should I write about and where could I start? There were so many topics I could discuss!! I could discuss Engineering. I could discuss public speaking. Heck!! I could be like Jerry Seinfeld and make a blog about nothing!!

Thankfully, there was an article about blogging in the Toastmaster magazine. It told me how to get started and the things I could write about. With those tools, I was ready to create my own blog!!

In the process of creating my own blog, I wondered what should call it. The following names came to mind:

“The Alligator Pit”

“Jesse’s Place”

“The O-Zone”

“The J-Corner”

“Mr. Threesticks Spot”

As you can tell, all of these names did not work. One day an idea struck me when I was at a Toastmaster meeting. All over the Las Vegas valley and parts of California, many Toastmasters called me “I-I-I.” From that point, I decided to call the blog – “Mr. I-I-I’s Blogsite.”

The next thing to do was to find a theme for this site. At the time, I was reaping in the benefits of positive thinking and positive living. The positive things that happened in my life were the following:

1. In the Toastmaster world, I was a Division Governor that led the Division to President’s Distinguished status.

2. From a relationship standpoint, I was enjoying a beautiful relationship with my then-girlfriend Dana. We celebrated our 1-year anniversary that month.

3. At work, new management took over which broke a cycle spawned by years of negativity.

4. After many years, I reunited with some friends from Bishop Gorman High School.

Experiencing all of these positive things, gave me the impetus to put the positive theme on my blogsite. And to put the icing on the cake, I thought of many stories where I could that that can drive a positive, yet thoughtful point.

With all of those combinations put together, Mr. I-I-I’s Blogsite was born!! WOO-HOO!!

And now, after one year and writing 100 posts for you happy people, all I can say is that I enjoyed every moment. It is like I said whenever a new Toastmaster asks me for any words of wisdom. All you got to do it take your first step. After you take your first step, take some more steps. And when you are done taking your steps, turn around and look at the path you made. You will be amazed!!

After taking many steps with this blog, I turned around and I am amazed!! It is an awesome feeling!!

That is all I have for now. Take care and thank you for your time and attention.

Sincerely,

Jesse I-I-I

No comments:

Search This Blog