Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Impossible Possibilities

Greetings Happy People,

Have you ever made the impossible possible? In life, we had moments were that happened. No matter the situation, you pulled things together. The story I have for you is about how the impossible became possible.

It was the Fall of 2005. I was serving as an Area Governor and President to my home Toastmasters club - Starmasters. Back then, our membership was low. At best, we had 3-4 people at each meeting. There was one moment where I stood alone. This club was about to fold.

Despite the fate of this club, I moved forth. As I prepared for one meeting, another member showed up. His name was Eugene. Having him arrive made me feel better. Why? Because the attendance doubled!! Instead of preparing to close this club, we decided to have fun with a two-man Toastmasters meeting. We took on all roles, made some noise, and had fun!! The people having a church meeting next door wondered what the heck was going on. Who knew that a burst of enthusiasm can take place with just two people?

Thanks to that meeting, the fortunes for this club turned around. Members returned to the meetings, new members joined the club, a club coach was there to assist us, and we moved to another location!! It was no surprise that my home Toastmasters club received Distinguished honors for three straight years!! All of these fortunes started with just two people!!

Sandraneta, one of my Toastmaster mentors, told me that it took three people to have a Toastmasters meeting. I just gave you a story where it took two positive people to have a meeting!! Would I recommend this strategy for other Toastmasters? Only if the club is at a low point!

We are facing tough times today. Many of us are uncertain about our future. Some of us want to just give up. Behind this story lies a connecting message. No matter what obstacle one faces, it can be conquered through belief. Belief in your vision, Belief in your determination, and belief in yourself are the essentials of making an impossible thing possible. If we hold on, we can survive!! It only takes one belief to have infinite possibilities. It can be done!!

That is all I have for now. Take care and thank you for your time and attention.

Sincerely,

Jesse I-I-I

No comments:

Search This Blog