Sunday, January 17, 2010

Roses are Red

Greetings Happy People,

For my next story, let me take you back to 1991. I was a Junior in High school and I fell in love with a beautiful girl. Her name was “Kelly.” She had long brown hair, beautiful brown eyes, and a smile that could only be matched by angels. Whenever she walked down a hallway, she walked in slow motion accompanied with background music so beautiful that you swore an orchestra was somewhere around the corner. My goodness she was beautiful!!

As for me, I wanted to express to her how beautiful she was and how much I was infatuated by her. So I decided to write her a poem. Mind you, I was a 15 year old that never wrote anything artistic before. I had to make sure this was very important not only to her, but to me as well. For days, I wondered what I was going to write and how she would react to it. Then an idea hit my mind!! I grabbed a pen and a pad and wrote the romantic words that came out of my mind.

When I finished writing the words, I folded up the paper and put it in my pocket. I went to school and saw her there. My mind told me to run away, but my heart told me to just give your romantic words to her. With trepidation, I walked up to her and gave her my masterpiece. What was this romantic poem I wrote to her? Well, it went like this:

“Roses are red
Violets are blue
I like Nintendo
And girls like you!!”

Smooth huh??

When she first saw this, let’s just say that her reaction was indescribable. She was touched by the attempt of my words – yet somewhat confused. Back then, I thought I wrote something beautiful. Today look back on that moment and wonder two things: “What the hell was I thinking?” and “Thank God my writing got better!!” Unfortunately, she was going out with someone else and I was rejected. Heartbroken, I went on as best as I could.

Did that moment stop me? Not really. From that point to where I am right now, you can say that my writing improved.

Whether it is writing, finding that special someone, or anything else, we have to find ways to just get better. While things may not come out the way we want in our first attempt, we must not give up hope. Instead, we must find ways to improve on the things that did not work too well. With time and countless efforts, you too can become better in what you want to do. If famous people can succeed after many failed attempts, we can do so in the same fashion. All we have to do is have FAITH. With it, all things are possible!!

That is all I have for now. Take care and thank you for your time and attention.

Sincerely,

Jesse I-I-I

No comments:

Search This Blog