Monday, February 1, 2010

Success through Synergy

Greetings Happy People,

Have you ever run into a brick wall?

If you are, then you are not alone. When it comes to reaching goals, successful people ran into many brick walls. They also found various ways to overcome it. One of which is through the synergy approach. What is this approach and how can it be done? To give an understanding how it works, let me share with you the following story.

Last weekend, I went to a District 33 Toastmasters Executive Council Meeting in Pismo Beach, California. The featured speaker was Advanced Communicator Silver and Accredited Speaker Terry Mayfield. He had all of us do a simple exercise based on synergy approach. How simple is it? It’s so simple that you can try this out for yourself.

First, Terry had all of us individually write any type of vehicle that begins with the letter S. This had to be done within 45 seconds. Once the time expired, he had us compare our individual results with our neighbors. I wrote 10 vehicles down while my neighbor wrote an extra four that I did not write. This combined our list to 14!! Now, he had us shout out the vehicles that no one mentioned on their group list. When everyone finished shouting out their answers, the list grew to 51!! WOW!! That was so amazing, it deserves an instant replay!!

My list had 10 vehicles

The combined list between my neighbor and I had 14 vehicles

The combined list of the thirty people in the room had 51 vehicles!!

Are you starting to get the idea of this synergy approach? It was not only fun to do this exercise, but also mind-blowing!!

Successful people use the synergy approach to get goals accomplished. It can be used at work, in social groups, and with families. For this approach to REALLY work, you can also use this with other like-minded people in your community!! When this is done properly, you will be amazed by the results it brings!! Compared to individual methods, the synergy approach works better for everyone involved!!

So the next time you face a brick wall in your path, remember to use the synergy approach. It will not only help you get through your wall, but also help you get to your goals a lot quicker. Just give it a try and be amazed by the results!!

That is all I have for now. Take care and thank you for your time and attention!!

Sincerely,

Jesse I-I-I

No comments:

Search This Blog