Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Step Up to the Stage!!

Greetings Happy People,

Yesterday, I sat in a meeting room with a group of people. They were speaking Spanish to each other. While I heard majority of the conversations, I could barely understand what was being discussed. When one person asked me a question in Spanish, I stood up and gave an answer that reminded me how rusty my Spanish was.

As I was about to give the answer, my nerves were shaking, my stomach was churning, and my brain said “huh?” I felt like sweating both internally AND externally. With great trepidation, I gave my answer the best way I knew how. What happened? Did the people laugh? Did they make fun? Did they talk me down? Not really. Instead I got a positive response from the people in that room!! Why did I get this positive response? Because I stepped up to the stage and tried something a bit out of my element.

After I gave my answer, people were showing me the words I was being asked. Some of them helped me out in their own English tongue. It was totally incredible to find this many helpful people in one place. Had I not stepped up to the stage, I probably would not get the same response as I did. Thanks to this act, I knew what to improve for next time.

Whether it is speaking in Spanish, learning to swim, or doing something else beyond our comfort levels, we all must step up to the stage and give our best efforts!! In order for one to be successful, they must take those first steps and grow through the process. Without growth, how can we learn to succeed?

For some people, they fear failing at what they do. For others, they do not want to be embarrassed. For more people, they figure that someone else might do things better than them and just won’t give it a try. When it comes to someone trying something different and about to quit after the first attempt, the only advice I can give to them is to simply not shortchange themselves. If one wants to get better at what they do, they will find many ways to improve.

Successful people have stepped up to many different stages on a repetitive basis. They faced ridicule, embarrassment, and all of the negative things that can happen. Did they give up? Of course not!! If they were to give up on what they want accomplished, they would not be successful at what they do. Furthermore, it is important to know that for every discouragement that takes place, there is also encouragement too!! No one person is alone at each attempt at greatness.

So if you are a person that is trying something outside of you comfort zone, always remember that it is okay to step up to the stage and give the best performance you can!! Who knows, you may be a bigger success than you think!!

That is all I have for now. Take care and thank you for your time and attention!!

Sincerely,

Jesse I-I-I

No comments:

Search This Blog