Wednesday, October 14, 2009

What Goes Down...Must Come Up!!

Greetings Happy People,
It is hard to believe that I took my first Physics class 15 years ago. I remembered the time when I first walked into the classroom not knowing what to expect. I never took this class when I was in high school. So you can say that I was at a real disadvantage. During my first lesson in Engineering Physics I, I managed to learn a few things: statics, dynamics, and Newton’s laws. Additionally, I also learned about projectile movements, forces, velocities, and accelerations. When I finished that semester, I did well enough to take the class again. That’s right, I had to repeat it.

The second time I took the class, I knew more things that I missed the first time. It gave me an advantage on how certain things connect with each other. I passed that class and went on to Engineering Physics III. When I first took Engineering Physics III, I thought I was way over my head. We covered topics ranging from Fluid Mechanics, Thermodynamics, Optics, and Phasors (no not the Star Trek variety). How rough was the first class? Well, let’s just say that the average on the first test was 38 out of 100%. The highest score was a 78. The lowest score was a 2. That’s right a 2!! You can say that me and other people had to take that class again.

When I took the class a second time, I thought I was ready. I not only took this class before, but I also took a bunch of engineering courses that were relevant to this class. Did it help me get through this rigid course? It did. Did I have to take it over again? Yes. Apparently it was not a wise idea to take what you learned in engineering class to a Physics course.

When it was time to take this Engineering Physics III course for the third time, I was ready!! I knew the thermodynamic laws. I knew the heat transfer equations. I knew the optics calculations. And by golly my knowledge on phasors were set to stunning. This time I PASSED THE COURSE – WHOOPEE!!

This was just an example on how we can succeed by failing. We go through things many times in order to get them right. Imagine if I were to quit the first time around. Chances are that I would not get as far as I did. For each time we fail, we must never beat ourselves and just learn how we can improve from it. There were many leaders and innovators that went through many failing projects before they succeeded!! We must learn to fail before we succeed. It is the only way we can become better in what we do. If we never failed, we never tried.

So if you have something you would like to accomplish and keep running into that failing wall, DON’T GIVE UP!! Instead, just learn what did not work and take different steps to get to your goals. You will be better off in the long run.

That is all I have to say. Take care and thank you for your time and attention.

Sincerely,

Jesse I-I-I

No comments:

Search This Blog