Friday, December 25, 2009

The Third Time is the Charm

Greetings Happy People!!

Okay let's cut to the chase. Tonight, I did something that was totally awesome. It was Christmas night at the Wall household. We were unwrapping our gifts until we got to the final one. It was in a pink bag and it was for Dana. I picked up the bag and gave it to her. Inside I was shaking like Jell-O. She went through the white paper and inside the bag was a small black box. What was inside the box? It was a ring.

The look on Dana's face was beyond priceless. After seeing the look, I stumbled on my on words. With enough courage, I asked her if she would marry me. Thankfully she said yes!! It was a very happy moment for the both of us. Now many of you are asking when is the date. Well, the target date we planned is July 1, 2012. Yes, it seems like a long time and you are asking why that date? When things go well, that will be the day I become a District Governor for Toastmasters International.

This is my third time that I came face to face with the M-word. The first time happened 10 years ago. I was dating someone named Melissa and we were going out pretty well. We thought and talked about marriage, but due to both our hard luck situations, it never came to be.

The second time I came face to face with the M-word, happened with a person that I only dated for six months. I knew things were too good to be true because she was telling me that she wanted to get married to stay in the country. OUCH!! That was back in 2001. Thankfully a former high school classmate steered me away from that direction.

Now this is the third time. What makes this different? First and foremost, we have been dating for the past year and a half. Second, I felt comfortable enough to the point where I can talk about the M-word. Third, I felt that this relationship is the best one I have ever been involved in. Fourth and finally, this relationship is under my own terms and not under any outside influence. I had relationships where other people told me what to do and whom to date. For me that felt uncomfortable.

HECK!! Dana is a fantastic woman and I am very grateful and fortunate to ever have this chance to ask her to marry me.

Now we have some preparations to do for the next 2 years. The feelings I have right now are just amazing. It goes to show you that the third time is definitely the charm!! I have a feeling that as I make this big step forward, it is going to be a good thing in the long run!!

That is all I have for now. Take care and thank you for your time and attention.

Sincerely

Jesse I-I-I

No comments:

Search This Blog