Saturday, December 26, 2009

Looking Through the Closed Door

Greetings Happy People,

Yes, I am now officially an engaged man!! When I first work up this morning, I thought of Dana and actually called her my fiance. That is such a cool thing to say!!
Anytime I look at her smile, it makes me smile too!! Deep inside, I knew that proposing to her yesterday was the best move I can make.

While the majority of people are also happy about the engagement of Dana and I, there are some people out there that are not happy with it at all. Yes, like many things there are two ways to view a situation: the positive side and the negative side.

I had negative people tell me that Dana is not the right person for me. They said she is too old for me,they also said that she is overweight too. If you were to see my earlier blog entitled "Ignorance is Not Bliss," you can also tell that people have hurled insults at her that made me very angry. Mind you that this was done off of a snap judgement. Not a good thing huh?

Like Dana, I received judgements based off my own looks. I also recieved judgements on the way I speak, think, and carry myself as a person. I am sure that many of you readers recieved the same judgements at some point in your lives. For people that like to make judgements before meeting anyone, all I got to say to them is nothing. I really have no time for people that do this thing. When you judge someone off a first look, you close the door on everything there is to know about the person. Who knows? That same person you judge may be that same person that helps you in your time of need.

It is always good to take the time out to know a person before you make any decisions. You may be surprised to know who they are and what they can do. The best way to get to know someone is just simply saying "Hello." A simple greeting can create a strong friendship. When I met Dana at the radio station almost four years ago, I started with a simple "Hello." And where it took me, you can probably figure out.

It is always good to say hello and open that door than to not say it and ignore what is on the other side. If we only take the first step and open that door, how much of the world will open for us? One can only know.

That is all I have for now. Take care and thank you for your time and attention.

Sincerely,

Jesse I-I-I

No comments:

Search This Blog