Monday, December 7, 2009

Dana Lynn

Greetings Happy People,

For my next blog, I want to share the following poem with you. It is entitled, "Dana Lynn."

There were nights I stood alone
Hoping for someone to come to me soon
Every night I made a wish that was known
Pondering at the bright, white moon

Underneath the star-filled skies
Reality from a wish that came to me
Pleasing the sight of these lonely eyes
Lies a lady that I longed to see

Ever so nice and so sweet
Pleasing to the heart and mind
Especially the first time we would meet
Never I met a woman so kind

Grateful for her since the first day
Understanding this has made me grin
I am thankful for meeting this wonderful lady
Naturally, she is named Dana Lynn

This poem was given to Dana at her 40th Birthday Party last Saturday. When she read these words, it made her feel good yet a little emotional too!!

It was a tricky poem to write. Why? Not only because of the rhyming scheme, but also the placing of different letters. What could I mean by this? Well, I want you to look at the first letter of each line and it reveals the nickname Dana is most commonly known as. Interesting huh?

As mentioned before in the blogs, I dabbled in a little poetry. Some of my stuff range from good to GOOD LORD!! In this case, it made a difference in the life of a "Purple Penguin." HECK!! That made me feel pretty good too!!

Have you had a story that is similar to this? How did it make you feel? How did it make the other person feel? Well, if it makes the both of you feel good, that's GREAT!! Doing something nice for someone makes a difference. It does not have to cost millions of dollars to make a person happy. All it takes is some time and a little bit of caring. When you have those two things, it can go a long way!!

That is all I have for now. Take care and thank you for your time and attention.

Sincerely,

Jesse I-I-I

No comments:

Search This Blog