Sunday, September 13, 2009

Orion's Belt

Greetings Happy People,

When I woke up at 2am today, I went outside for a walk. The temperature was cool. I heard cars zip along US 95. I looked at the sky and saw the moon, clouds, and stars. Of all the constellations I saw, one really stood out. It was Orion’s Belt.

There is something amazing about the three stars that make up the belt of the hunter. It is even more amazing that the constellation remains intact every night. It’s just unbelievable. As I scanned the rest of the star filled night sky, I kept asking myself, "How many stars are out in space?". I am sure that the number is infinite. I also asked myself, "where is the furthest star in the universe?" I am sure that answer is also infinite. We have wondrous technology on this planet, yet we are unable to determine the furthest part of this universe. Nevertheless, we do our best to find out.

This type of exploration has people wondering how far we can go. Whether it is by scientific equations, telescopes, space shuttles, or satellites, we use different means to search for an answer. Big time kudos goes out to those people who dare to discover. It is these people who have no fear in thinking without any limits.

This limitless thinking can also be seen in people that do not work for the likes of NASA. It does not matter if one is a teacher, an engineer, a doctor, or a great leader. People that think without borders are more likely to reach higher, travel further, and go bigger. We are our own starting points. We also determine where our end points will lie.

Unfortunately, there are people that still live with lids above their heads. You know the type; if they were in a mayonnaise jar, they would have a big huge lid above them sealed airtight. Jar people think there is no hope in going beyond their boundaries, climbing out of the jar, so to speak. These individuals deal with the greatest stress, as well, as they exert extra pressure on themselves. If they see someone trying to get out, like crabs in a pot, they do whatever they can to keep the other people inside.

I have heard the following phrase, that is cliché in nature, many times – Think Outside The Box. While these words can be a tool for people wanting to get to their goals, those people must still do one thing….MOVE!! Stepping outside of the box allows us to move closer than merely thinking. Without this, we would just be dreaming instead of doing.

As sure as a satellite can travel across the universe, we can go where borders are infinite. Who knows how far we can go with limitless possibilities? To really know, I will leave that for you to answer.

That is all I have for now. Thank you for your time and attention.

Sincerely,

Jesse I-I-I

No comments:

Search This Blog