Thursday, September 17, 2009

The Boomerang Effect

Greetings Happy People,

The following example I have for you is something I really don’t follow, but I think the message behind it is worth the attention.

Last Sunday at the MTV Video Music Awards, two significant things took place. One was horrifying, the other was good. As she walked up to the stage to accept her award for Best Female video, musician Taylor Swift was rudely interrupted by rapper Kanye West. As he yanked the microphone from Ms. Swift, Mr. West proclaimed another music video to be “one of the best videos of all time.” This act of rudeness was jeered by the audience watching the event. From that simple action, he got what he deserved in return – disdain, disrespect, and complete disappointment.

On the other side of the rainbow, we see Beyonce Knowles win an award for Video of the Year. Instead of giving her thank you speech, she called Taylor Swift to complete the thank you speech she did not get a chance to finish. What Beyonce did for Ms. Swift showed respect and integrity. Both Beyonce and Swift earn their kudos for that night and big time respect from the audience.

The example I gave you in this blog is known as The Boomerang Effect. What is it? The Boomerang Effect is an act where you receive what you put out. If you were to do a bad act to someone or something, you are going to get bad fortunes in return. However, if you were to do something good to someone or something, you will get good fortunes in return.

To show how this “Effect” works in everyday life, I give you the following example that happened to me.

Earlier today, I received a mindblowing email message from Barbara, a fellow co-worker from Carson City. She brought to my attention, the story of a person going through a rough time in life. Apparently, this person read something that made his day and thanked Barbara for sharing this message. What was it? It was blog I wrote entitled “Seven Creeds to Success.”

Last week, I had the chance to email this blog message to some people at work. One of the people I sent this to was Barbara. She is a person that does training classes at my workplace. When she received my email, she forwarded it to other people at her workplace. A week later, I got the aforementioned email from her. Apparently, the words I wrote made an impact on the life of someone I did not know. It brightened his day, yet sent chills down my spine. To that, I can only say one word “WHOA!”

The intent of my email was to brighten the spirit and give a positive message to different people. When I threw that “boomerang,” I got something back in return –great feelings and gratitude. The Boomerang Effect was definitely in play.

It does not matter if you are a famous celebrity or someone from down the street. This Boomerang Effect works for everyone!! When we do good deeds for someone, we will get good fortunes in return. Just imagine if more people put this effect into use. Wouldn’t it contribute to a better society? After all, it is important to be nice because whatever we do will come back to us the same way, just like a boomerang!!

That is all I have for you. Take care and thank you for your time and attention.

Sincerely,

Jesse I-I-I

No comments:

Search This Blog