Monday, January 23, 2012

Respect Never Ages

Greetings Happy People,

Do you have one of those relatives that drive you crazy?

The type that demands respect despite the fact that this person is an overall jerk?

If you do, then I can only shake my head and say how sorry I am that you have this problem.

Unfortunately, I have one of those people in my life and let's just say that it has been an ongoing thing since childhood.

When I was a kid, this relative was a constant thorn in my side. She would tell me how to live my life. Try to control different aspects on what I do, when I do, and how I do things. It got annoying and rude at different times.

To make things more insulting, this winner constantly reminds the people in my family how she is the only person in the family to have a college degree. There is nothing wrong with getting an Accounting degree from UNLV, but it gets pretty disrespectful to rub it in people's faces over and over again. Eleven years later when I got my Civil Engineering degree, I turned around, looked at her and said "Really?"

Can you say "Advantage I-I-I?"

Even when we became adults, it did not stop. She still criticizes what I do. She still puts her two cents in despite no one asking a single question. Like her mother, she tries to have a hand in controlling things that were beyond her limits. She was not only selfish, but incredibly disrespectful!! Holy strawberries!!

Last year when I was in the hospital visiting the ol' man with my family, we were talking and minding our own business. She waltz in to the room with her Miss Thang primadonna self and tried to be the center of attention. It's kind of hard to be the center of attention when another person is laying in the hospital bed with an amputated foot.

Having enough of her "it don't stink" attitude, I finally let her have it!! The words I used were not only true, but they were on point. As the drama queen she walks out of the room crying her eyes out. When she came back, she wanted to talk to me. She said the following words,

"Jesse, you are going to respect me because I am older than you."

Huh?? You mean to tell me that you want me to respect you just because you have 10 years on me? I knew I was in a hospital, but the words I wanted to say started with an F and ended with a you. I let her go into this overly dramatic rant knowing that she was and always will be "a piece of work."

What can one learn about respect? It knows no age. It knows no color. It knows no religion. And it knows no gender.On the other side, disrespect knows no depths.

There is no way around it Happy People!! To get respect, you got to give it!! If you can't give respect, don't expect to get it in return. If you choose to disrespect someone, you better be ready for the karma to come your way. I would not be surprised if she get hit by the bad karma wagon.

That is all I have for now. Take care and thank you for your time and attention.

Sincerely,

Jesse I-I-I

No comments:

Search This Blog