Thursday, March 4, 2010

Book Cover

Greetings Happy People,

Have you ever been judged by your looks?

Have you ever judged anyone else by their looks?

It does not matter if you are on one side or the other, judging closes doors. When you judge someone based on their looks, you miss an opportunity to see who they really are.

I have a wonderful relationship with my fiancée Dana. It is hard to believe that we have been together for almost two years. She is an amazing person, a fun individual, and someone I am very grateful to be with. No matter how we spend our time on weekends, we always have fun times together.

In the beginning part of our relationship, there were people that were not happy about us going out. One person looked at a picture of Dana and saw a “fat white-trash whore.” As shocking as it was for me to hear this, I brushed it off because the comment was beyond ignorant. That shows me that this person did not want to get to know her by any means. This was a missed opportunity people!!

I often wondered how things would be if the shoe was on the other foot. Would this person think differently if someone called her some derogatory names? There is a good chance that this person would not like it at all. If you choose to dish this type of judging out at someone, you better be prepared to receive the same.

Upon listening to the ignorant comment of this person, I had a choice to make on who to listen to. Did I listen to that person? Or did I listen to myself? Well, judging by the fact that I remained with Dana for nearly two years, you can guess the answer – HELLO??!!

I benefitted from listening to myself because I chose not to miss any more opportunities this relationship can (and will) bring. Thanks to this decision, I feel very fortunate and grateful for spending time with a person as nice as Dana!! As for the person that made the comment about her, let’s just say that this person continues to live in a place where there is nothing but darkness.

When it comes to knowing a person, it is always good to know someone from the inside. Knowing someone from the inside will give you a better understanding on who a person is. It will also give you a better understanding of yourself because you choose to know more about this person. Who knows!! Uncovering a snap judgement of someone will open more doors than you think!! Just give it a try and see where these open doors will take you. You might be amazed!!

That is all I have for now. Take care and thank you for your time and attention.

Sincerely,

Jesse I-I-I

No comments:

Search This Blog