Monday, November 16, 2009

Beyond the Cloudy Borders

Greetings Happy People,

Last Saturday, Dana and I were talking about a movie we wanted to see, “Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs.” We looked for this movie in theatres all over the Las Vegas Valley. Unfortunately, no theaters were playing this movie. As we were going to lunch, Dana was searching for the nearest theatre that had this movie. Through sheer determination, we managed to find a theater that was still playing “Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs.” It was in Los Angeles. As Dana was about to feel disappointed, I asked her this simple question….

“Are there any theaters in Mesquite playing this movie?”

For those people that do not know where Mesquite is, it is a town in Nevada that is 80 miles northeast of Las Vegas. She looked for theaters that played this movie and luckily there was one theater that still had this movie!! I don’t know about you happy people, but driving to Mesquite is WAY better than driving to Los Angeles for just a movie. Once we found out that “Cloudy” was still playing in Mesquite, we decided to go up there tomorrow and see the movie.

Yesterday we woke up, got our things together, and headed out to Mesquite. Little did we knew, we were in for a nice adventure that day. We drove northbound on Interstate 15 and had a couple good stops along the way. We drove through places like Hidden Valley, Glendale, and the Moapa Indian Reservation. When we got to Mesquite, we still had a couple hours before the movie actually started. Feeling curious, I decided to go to a few places I never been to. It is very surprising what one could find on the other side of the border.

Mesquite is right next to the Arizona state line. Of all the times I have been to Mesquite, I have never been across that border to see what was on the other side. Why? I have no idea. I wanted to see what was there, but never had the opportunity – until that moment. I drove into Arizona and was pretty fortunate that I did. Within the thirty mile trek along Interstate 15, I saw some interesting places. One of which was a set of mountains located in the Virgin River Gorge. As I drove through the mountains, all I can say is “Whoa!! This is amazing!!” Dana mentioned that if I liked the mountains, wait until I see Zion!! We got about as far as St. George, Utah before heading back to Mesquite. I have never set foot in Utah until that moment. Going beyond those borders was a breathtaking moment for me!!

As we made it back to Mesquite, we still had enough time to get back to the theater that played “Cloudy.” When we got to the parking lot, no one was there. We thought that the movie theater was closed down and was considering leaving the town. Fortunately, we waited and a few minutes later and the theater opened. We walked into the theater, ordered the tickets and went into the room. We saw the movie “Cloudy” (which was pretty good). The cool part about seeing the movie is that we were the only two people in that room. We laughed, we had fun, and we felt FABULOUS!! When the movie ended, I looked at the happy smile on Dana’s face and realized that the whole experience was 100%....200% worthwhile!! We drove into the desert sunset feeling satisfied from a very awesome day.

What message can be made about this story? Well, if you have a vision…act upon it!! You will never know the feeling of amazement, satisfaction, experience, or accomplishment if you do not take those first steps!! Imagine if Dana and I decided NOT to go to Mesquite. Things would have been different. We would not have experienced the things we had that day!! No matter how great or small, if you have a goal that you want accomplished…JUST GO FOR IT!! The only person that can stop you is YOU!! Once you go beyond your borders, there’s no telling how far you can go!! Just have the vision and step to it!!

That is all I have for now. Take care and thank you for your time and attention.

Sincerely,

Jesse I-I-I

No comments:

Search This Blog