Sunday, November 8, 2009

Behind the Community Spirit

Greetings Happy People,

Last night I received an amazing award. I received the Division Governor of the Year award from District 33 Toastmasters – a District that covers Toastmaster clubs in southern Nevada and central California. As I look at this award, many things come to mind. The most important one is feeling happy and grateful to serve this role with awesome people. Whether it is with fellow Division Governors, a District Governor from Texas, a couple of Lt. Governors, the people from the 29 Toastmaster clubs that makeup this Division D Community in Vegas, or the people from other neighboring communities, I really feel fortunate to have them in my life.

Are there are certain goals and accomplishments that can be attributed to this? Yes. Could it be done alone? Not really. In order to be successful in what one does, they must have a well-working community. Without it, reaching and achieving different things would be impossible. When I served as a Division Governor, I have visited all of the 29 clubs in this community. While each one has a different flavor, they all have that same friendly positive spirit.

Ever since I took on my first leadership role in this organization, I focused on three words….community, vision, and fun. Why those three words? It’s pretty simple!! First in order to accomplish great things, you must have, create, and establish a great community. It follows that law of attraction thing where “like attracts like.” You are as good as the community you are serving. Second, you must have the vision. How are you going to get from point A to point B without it? Having the right vision will keep you focused on what you want to do. Third is having the fun. When you have the fun, it makes things easier to get done. Fun leads to positive thinking. Positive thinking leads to doing more. Doing more leads to a better chance at getting to your goals. If you have these three words in your mindset, you will be in great shape to simply get the things you want done. Who knows? You might make a new friend, or two, or twenty :o)

There is no secret to it. Having these three words in my mindset helped me in the Division Governor role I served. It also produced results that were sometimes greater than I even expected. Do you want to know the cool part about this thought? The cool part is the fact that everyone had a stake in what they have done in order for this community to be successful. Whether it is accomplishing a personal goal, or contributing to their respective clubs and areas, no one person can do this alone. It simply takes a fun-spirited community that shares an overall vision.

My wish is that other people outside the Toastmasters community can have this same thought process. Just imagine if that were to happen. We’d be living in a better world than we are right now. Until then, I feel very thankful and grateful to the people I served in my role as a Division Governor. Without them, none of the success would be possible. Thank you :o)

That is all I have for now. Take care and thank you for your time, attention, and cooperation.

Sincerely,

Jesse I-I-I

No comments:

Search This Blog