Saturday, July 18, 2009

Miracle in a Month

Greetings happy people,

The room was dark. My eyes were closed. As I was sitting there with my buddies, my thoughts travelled at a steady pace. Then a vision shook me to the core. I saw a person with whom I have been close since her birth. It was my little sister. When I opened my eyes, they were full of tears.

This vision experience happened at a seminar I attended last month. I told people about what I saw during this exercise. Carol, the person organizing this seminar, said that my words had her blown away. She then told me that a miracle would happen, and I would hear from my little sister again. The date was June 20, 2009.

Let me now take you back to New Year’s Eve 2008. I was driving to my parent’s house to ring in 2009. When I arrived, my mother told me that my little sister had been gone for several hours. I assured my mother that she probably had something to do and would return home soon. I told her not to worry about it. She will be back in minutes.

Those minutes turned into hours. Those hours turned into days. Those days turned into weeks. Those weeks turned into months. We had not heard from her. Not even a single word.

At the time of her departure, she was seeing a boy, about whom I had SERIOUS doubts. In my own personal description, he was one of those wannabe thugs. You know the type - pants sagging halfway across his butt, baseball cap worn backwards; t-shirts that were less than flattering; and looking as if he had not shaved or washed his face in days nor brushed his teeth in months. Somehow, he filled her ears full of promises of taking her away. The brother was laying his lines on her way too thick. Unfortunately, she fell for it and ran away with him.

My family is far from great, yet far from abysmally bad. If I was my little sister, I certainly would have picked someone better looking with whom to run away. Seeing this happen greatly disappointed me. After all, I had been with her from childbirth, and had always been there for her. I could write many stories on where things went wrong. But I would rather focus on this one situation.

Let’s fast forward to July 15, 2009. I was driving northbound on Rainbow Blvd when my cell phone vibrated. I answered the phone (luckily at the red light) and to my surprise, whose voice do I hear? None other than my little sister!! Almost seven months of absolute nothing. Then out of the blue she calls me. WOW!! When I my nerves re-assembled, I drove to the nearby Burger King parking lot. A Whopper Jr., a small Diet Coke, and a phone conversation later, she told me that she was in Virginia. Apparently she got sick and tired of being served “the golden sh*t” from the boy with whom she ran away. She was working at a dead-end job and complained that the muggy weather was horrid. She wanted to come back to Vegas and go back to school.

Luckily we have a whole mess of relatives still living in Virginia that would be more than happy to help her get back to Vegas. Last June, Carol told me that a miracle would happen. Within a month….IT DID!! All I can say is that was one hell of a miracle!!

Sometimes we have those moments where things just can’t be explained. Amidst the chaos, some blessing comes to you in the nick of time. You don’t know from where it came, but you are glad it did!! Whether big or small, miracles do happen in our lives. A winning touchdown at the end of a game; a massive work assignment done by 5:00pm; or hearing from a long lost person; are examples of how miracles exist. No matter the situation, all you have to do is believe in miracles. The more you do, the more likely a miracle will happen. Just keep living and you will see one sooner than you think.

That is all I have to say for now. Take care and thank you for your time and attention.

Sincerely,

Jesse I-I-I

No comments:

Search This Blog