Monday, June 8, 2009

Living in the NOW!!

Greetings Happy People,

I picked up an interesting yet relaxing technique a couple months ago from a cool friend. It does not involve any stretching, nor does it involve any rigorous calisthenics. All you have to do is just stand outdoors (or sit), close you eyes, clear out your mind, and just listen for the next 60 seconds.

What do you hear? Do you hear the birds chirping in the trees? Do you hear the wind blowing across your face? What about the nearby traffic or kids laughing and playing in the park? Oh!! What about the mellow flow of a nearby body of water? If you can hear these things, you notice that everything is happening around you one way or another. Would you like to know the cool part? You are actually in the middle of all the action!!

Once the minute has passed, open up your eyes, take a nice deep breath, and smile. How do you feel? If you feel awesome, then you are living in the NOW!!

Believe it or not, many people take certain things for granted. Especially taking the time out to do this simple exercise! In the hustle and bustle of the daily grind, we find ourselves worrying about either what has happened or something may or may not happen in the future!! We get to the point where we are bogged down with either what we have or do not have.

Living in the now not only allows us to back away from any worries we have, but allows us to be thankful for what we have, where we are, who we are, what we are able to do, and the time we are living in – which is ALWAYS NOW!!

Ever since I have done this simple exercise – at least twice a day – I feel better about the environment around me. I am more thankful with the job I have, my vehicle that gets me from point A to point B, and my own personal well-being. Heck I am even thankful for meeting some cool and interesting people in my life (Especially the one that taught me this simple exercise)!!

That’s right Happy People!! In the words of the of 70’s disco group Tavares “It only takes a minute.” Sixty seconds out of your day to stop, clear your mind, and listen to what is happening around you. When you do this simple exercise, you will not only feel better about yourself, but also feel excellent for living in the now!!

That is all I have for NOW :o)

Take care and thank you for your time and attention.

Jesse I-I-I

No comments:

Search This Blog