Sunday, February 12, 2012

Pixie Doll

Greetings Happy People,

The following poem I want to share with you is called "Pixie Doll."

"Smoking my last cigarette of the night,
I stroll the sidewalks of Boulder Highway.
As I glimpse across the neon lights, 

It makes me feel so empty and confused.


My first years here were started in school,
Broke and penniless in every way.

I was tempted with mountains of cash
Greener than the doors I walked through.



I wasn't proud of the things I've done, 
To earn the cash I've made.
If I were to tell the things I've done,

It would disgrace my parents for life.


Performing tricks for different strangers,
Dancing in perfume and smoke-filled bars.
I brought delight to men and women,

But I could not find any joy of my own.


I thought I found it in empty bottles,
I thought I found it in pills and needles.
After surviving the crashes from these highs,
I knew that I had to stop. But how?

As I put out my final cigarette of the night,
Sunlight crept over the ample mountains.
As I behold the beauty of this sight,
It reminds me that it's never too late.



It is NEVER too late!!!"

This poem was about a prostitute named "Pixie." She started off on the right track, but somehow made a wrong turn in life. She has been through the dangers and pitfalls that one would not be proud of. From dancing to drugs to prostituting, she knew that something was not right. Unlike some of her "friends" that ended up in worse situations, she still has a chance to turn things around. Sometimes it just takes those first steps and she chose to walk in a different direction. One can hope that she ends up in a better life than the one she lived.

For the people that are not happy with the way they are living right now, all I got to say is that you have a chance to turn things around!! It may not be an easy thing to do, but somehow it has to be done. Whether it is by looking at the mirror, taking your first steps, or just believing you can do it, you have the ability to get out of that rut and into something better!!

Life may be too short, but it is never too late to do anything.

It is NEVER too late!!

That is all I have for now. Take care and thank you for your time and attention.

Sincerely,

Jesse I-I-I

No comments:

Search This Blog