Saturday, October 8, 2011

My New Love

Greetings Happy People,

I have something to tell you today. I have another new love in my life.

This love is more important than my family, fiancee, Toastmasters, karaoke, chess, and even strawberries!!!

Would you like to know what it is?

I'll give you a clue, it is something I am doing right now.

Nope, it is not writing a post on my blog for you Happy People!!

Instead.....it's just living!!!

That is right!! My new love is the appreciation of life. How I'm living it and how I'm appreciating it even more!!

At a time, I never liked my life. I always thought that it was useless, hopeless, and simply going nowhere. People did not care what I do and I never cared in return. At times, I wondered if things really mattered. Little did I know, this view of depreciation has taken me to depths that are lower than any chasm in the world. It led to depression, sadness, and lack of self respect. It also created many voids that I thought could not be filled. 

At a time, I thought that I could never live my life to the best of abilities because I did not have things other people have. I did not have the smarts, the finances, nor the looks. The more I saw this, the further my life went south. I also thought that I could never have control of my own life. People keep telling me what to do, what to wear, and how to think. These are the type of things that always kept me feeling low.

Then something happened....

I took another look at myself and asked why I am living up to other's expectations? That question provided the spark in what led to a huge turnaround. Slowly but surely, I took steps to turn things around. I started hanging with positive people, I set personal goals for myself, and envision more things that I believe I can do. 

Step by step, the cold walls of negativity melted and more horizons started to open up for me.

By the way things are looking right now, my life is turning out to be pretty good. I have some awesome friends and people in my life, I'm doing the things I love, and I have a beautiful woman that's out of this world. Life is a lot interesting once you step away from the walls that once blocked many paths. 

There maybe some more things that need to be done, but I am enjoying my life more than I did before.

Do you have a good passion for your life? If so, then may you continue to appreciate it. If not, just remember that you can still turn things around. All it takes are those first steps in appreciating what you have now. The next thing you know, more good things will come your way. And you will start to have that passion for your life.

If it can work for me, it WILL work for you!!

That is all I have for now. Take care, thank you for your time and attention, and remember to love life....it's the only one you got!!

Sincerely,

Jesse I-I-I


No comments:

Search This Blog