Thursday, April 14, 2011

Things NOT To Do At A Job Interview

Greetings Happy People,

Yesterday, I went to a Toastmasters meeting and one of the speakers talked about what not to do at a job interview. He shared his own experiences that had me rolling on the floor laughing hysterically. Some of the stories remind me of certain people I have interviewed. They did not get the job, but were interesting to listen to.

Feeling inspired, I looked for things that people should not do during job interviews. Throughout the internet, I looked for interviewing no-nos that were not only interesting, but just plain wrong.

Throughout my search, I have found the following gems on what not to do. Some will make you laugh, some will make you shake your head, and others will make you say DANG!!

If you are looking for a job and get called for an interview, PLEASE DO NOT DO THE FOLLOWING THINGS THESE PEOPLE HAVE DONE....

“Said he was so well qualified [that] if he didn't get the job, it would prove that the company's management was incompetent.”

“During the interview, she chewed bubble gum and constantly blew bubbles.”

“Balding candidate abruptly excused himself. Returned to office a few minutes later wearing a hairpiece.”

“Man wore jogging suit to interview for position as financial vice president.”

“Said if he were hired, he would demonstrate his loyalty by having the corporate logo tattooed on his forearm.”

“Interrupted to phone his therapist for advice on answering specific interview questions.”

“Wouldn't get out of the chair until I would hire him. I had to call the police.”

“When I asked him about his hobbies, he stood up and started tap dancing around my office.”

“Pulled out a Polaroid camera and snapped a flash picture of me. Said he collected photos of everyone who interviewed him.”

“Said he wasn't interested because the position paid too much.”

“While I was on a long-distance phone call, the applicant took out a copy of Penthouse, and looked through the photos only, stopping longest at the centerfold.”

“Candidate said he really didn't want to get a job, but the unemployment office needed proof that he was looking for one.”

“He whistled when the interviewer was talking.”

“Asked who the lovely babe was, pointing to the picture on my desk. When I said it was my wife, he asked if she was home now and wanted my phone number. I called security.”

“She threw up on my desk, and immediately started asking questions about the job, like nothing had happened.”

“Asked if I wanted some cocaine before starting the interview.”

As I shake my head at some of these stories, it goes to show you that there are people out there that are like this. For all of the readers out there, if you are looking for a new job, promotion, or anything to better yourself, for the love of strawberries please do not do these things!!

That is all I have for now. Take care and thank you for your time and attention.

Sincerely,

Jesse I-I-I

No comments:

Search This Blog