Monday, March 7, 2011

Diabetes - A Battle in the Wind

Greetings People,

For my latest post, I am writing you from a place that I am become accustomed to for the last few years. It is not from my apartment or from Dana’s house. It is from Centennial Hills Hospital in northwest Las Vegas.

Why am I here tonight? Well, I am here because of a battle. This battle is one that is not fought in remote locations. Instead, it is a battle with something that I have been familiar with for almost 30 years. This battle is a part of a war against diabetes that the ol’ man is facing.

When it comes to putting a piece of my life out there to you, the happy people, I am a bit guarded with what I write. I always want to put on a happy face and make others around me happy too. It makes life a little easier when folks feel good.

However, there are some things that are challenging. This is one of those things.

Those that are in my inner circle know about this battle going on in my family. It is not an overnight thing. It has been going on for years. There was many times where I spent hours in various hospitals. Whether it is downtown or in the northwest, the time spent here is not one of my favorites. It can become challenging.

Many diabetic battles were held in different Las Vegas hospitals. Some were minor, others were life threatening. Through it all, he managed to step outside of these hospitals. Whether it is through prayer or knocking on wood, I can only be grateful that my dad pulled through on these ordeals.

Like the battles in the past, I hope that tonight’s confrontation comes out victorious. This is the third visit in the last month and I am not a big fan of this at all. No matter if it is big or small, facing these ordeals is not good.

As I sit here in the waiting room, I pray that somebody finds a cure for this disease. Diabetes has affected many lives all over the world. There are people I know that are either battling this via insulin or pills. There are others that lost a family member.

No matter how one slices it, this disease is a rough one!! If you know someone that is going through diabetes, please keep them in your thoughts, prayers, and well wishes.

The doctors just walked in and the ol’ man made it through another one. He is recovering and will be okay for now. That is good news to hear!! As I end this post, I would like to tell you that never take anything for granted. You never know what can happen when it comes to a disease like this. As for me, all I can do is keep knocking on wood and hope that better horizons come along the way.

That is all I have for now. Take care and thank you for your time and attention.

Sincerely,

Jesse I-I-I

No comments:

Search This Blog