Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Behind the Double Barrels of Mr. I-I-I

Greetings Happy People,

I am a person that like to focus on positive images.

I like to feel good and have a smile on my face.

If given a choice to hang with people that are fun and like to have a good time, I would jump on it in a heartbeat.

However, there are times where I realize that no matter how good things go, no matter how well I feel, there are still those moments that really challenge my patience.

Whether it is by poor service, rude people, or blatant acts of irresponsibility and ignorance, there are things out there that get me frustrated. There are those moments where I slip and show a side of me that I don't want many people to see.

It is never a good thing to see me upset. When I get upset, my head gets hot, I start shaking, my blood boils, and my fuse is literally lit. Me becoming angry is not a pretty sight!!

When I get angry, I go on a warpath. When I get angry, I show my brutal side. When I get angry, all bets are off. When I get angry, can you say "Duck and cover?"

Life is too short to be on the wrong end of my double barrels. The after effects of my rage is not a pretty picture. It can create a hurt that is either mental, physical, or psychological. Not only for the person or situations, but also for myself.

Thankfully, it has not got to that point in a long time. However, there have been many close moments. Fortunately, I have been blessed with a cool head in times of adversity.

What are the things I do to keep my fiery temper in check? Well, there are many things. I walk. I drive to different places. I close my eyes and meditate. I think of good times and great people in my life. I also try to find things that make me laugh and be in a good mood. There are things that I can do to counter any foul temper I can create.

When it comes to any acts of anger, nobody wins. You can not only hurt people with the words and actions displayed, you can also hurt yourself too.

There are those moments where things can test our patience. We are human and can fly off the handle. We also have other alternatives to handle these moments. I can only hope to keep a cool head for myself. It is better for everyone. It is better for me.

That is all I have for now. Take care and thank you for your time and attention.

Sincerely,

Jesse I-I-I

No comments:

Search This Blog