Monday, January 10, 2011

This Is Only a Test

Greetings Happy People,

Ever had one of those moments where you wake up and can’t get back to sleep because something is gnawing at your mind? I am having one of those moments right now. I am writing the following message to you because it has been on my mind for a while. I figure it is time not to keep this bottled up anymore.

There are people out there that want you to fail.

There are people out there that don’t want you to succeed.

There are people out there that want you to quit.

Throughout some of my posts, I have been known to write positive messages. The intent of these messages is to focus on the hope and possibilities. While this is good to do, there are other folks that still see things on a different scale. No matter if you are at work, at home, or anyplace else, you still have those people that want you to fail.

Believe it or not, there are people that do their best not to let other folks get ahead of them. Whether it is done by words or actions, these people will never rest until they see someone fall flat on their face. For some sick reason, they get joy in bringing others down. When mistakes happen, they add insult to injury by either shaking their head, laughing at the person, or just saying “I told you so!!” I have no idea why they do this, but they do. It is a shame and just plain sad.

People have told me negative things. People have done their best to make me fail. I have been brought down on different occasions with their words and actions. Does it get on my nerves? Yes!! Does it test me? On a daily basis!! Do I give up? The temptation is out there, but somehow I keep going. There are times when I get frustrated, fed up, disappointed, and upset. There are those moments where I want to hang my head. I don’t like to show it, but it happens. There are people that want me to quit, fail, and not succeed.

How does one go up against these destroyers? How can anyone get the upper hand on these naysayers? How can one get the advantage to overcome the nonsense? I can give you Happy People many answers, but the one I will give you can be said in two words, “keep going.”

We will have those time where we will lose, fail, and not succeed. Just because we lose in something don’t make us losers. The difference between losers and winners lies in the will to keep going. People can destroy our hopes, wishes, and dreams. But the test lies in our efforts to rebuild what is destroyed and just keep going.

Are we going to let these things bring us down? Are we going to have failure make us feel worthless? Are we going to allow these people to make us feel that we failed and rub it in our faces?

What are we going to do when something gets us down? Only we can answer that question as do our best to just keep going.

That is all I have for now. Take care and thank you for your time and attention.

Sincerely,

Jesse I-I-I

No comments:

Search This Blog