Friday, July 30, 2010

The Click is Mightier Than the Pen

Greetings Happy People,

No matter if it is good or bad, the power we have lies in our fingertips.

Once this act has been done, it will be very hard to go back.

Lives will change, relationships will switch, and major outcomes will be made with a simple “click.”
Today we live in a world that is based on the internet. We make purchases, we talk to friends, and we do a wide variety of business. No matter what is done, a simple click of the mouse can make many things happen.

If we make this click for good, good things will happen. If we make this click for bad, bad things will happen. Everyday we send and receive messages to people. No matter if it is by email, social networking sites, or text messaging, what we send can come back to us. Not in a “return to sender” message, but in the result outcome.

If one person sends a good message to another, good vibes will be created. If one person sends a bad message, then bad vibes will be created. It is just that simple. Ever since this internet boom, I have sent positive messages to happy people and negative message to other people too. No matter what I send, it always seems to come back to me one way or another.

We as human beings go through different emotions. Whether it is happiness, sadness, anger, or depression, these are all emotions we create for ourselves. Whatever we create can be transferred into this technology known as the internet. The emotion of one person can have an affect on thousands and millions of people. The difference between doing this in person compared to doing it online is due to the fact that whatever we do online will be a little harder to erase.

Why? The messages we put online is traceable. It can be used for and against us in many ways. Some of it used for awards, others for criminal activity. Believe it or not, we as people hold this major power in the palm of our hands. We as people must think before we made that click of the mouse. We must ask ourselves these questions:

“What is the intent of this message?”

“How will it affect this person?”

“How will it affect me?”

When we are able to ask ourselves these questions, we can make a clearer decision on whether to click or not to click. The power is in our hands. What will we do with it?
That is all I have for now. Take care and thank you for your time and attention.

Sincerely,

Jesse I-I-I

1 comment:

iambrianrice said...

In these accelerated time, too often we fail to slow down and ask these simple questions: how will it affect me and (I think, more importantly) how will affect others.

On a micro-level, an example of this is a forwarded email message that I assume is intended to motive or stoke emotions. Usually my email is one of dozens in the To: field and while the intended consequence may result for the other recipients, I typically think the act of forwarding the message takes so little thought and effort that the action is disingenuous.

This is particularly bothersome to me, but there are other "non-clickable" examples I contemplate daily including how I drive in traffic, how I answer the phone, and how I greet my family when I come home.

Search This Blog