Wednesday, June 13, 2012

It Ain't the End of the World

Greetings Happy People,

Last Thursday, I had the pleasure of doing a radio interview with friend and fellow Toastmaster Mike Keeler.

He has a radio show called "You and Your Money" and he would talk about different financial related items.

On this special episode, we talked about Toastmasters.

Before the radio show, I felt a little nervous. I did not know why because I have done many radio interviews before. Heck, I met my soon to be bride on a radio show. For me to feel a little nervous about this is a little unusual.

As I went into the interview everything started off a little nervous. Then, it happened.

As I was talking about examples on how Toastmasters can help different people, I stumbled on a certain word. Luckily, no "pharmaceutical schools" were damaged in this verbal foul up.

It would have been very easy to let this goof up bring the whole radio interview down, but it went in the completely opposite direction. After my mistake, I was able to laugh it off and become better at this interview.

For the rest of that hour, I was having more fun with the questions, the interview, and using that word of the day "pharmaceutical." At the end, I felt a lot better than I did before I went in.

In life, we have times where we are unsure about how things will go. Sometimes we let fear get the best of us. But once that foul up happens, you have a choice in how to handle it. Luckily, my choice was to laugh it off and just have fun with. Fortunately, it paid off for me.

Imagine if I were to take the other direction. Chances are it would have been excruciating to the ears for many people that listened to that radio show.

You have a choice in what you can do after a mistake. Are you going to let it beat you down or are you going to laugh it off and have the best fun you can with it? If you choose the latter, you will be better off. You will learn. You will grow. You will have fun.

If I can laugh off a mistake and learn from it, so can you!! It ain't the end of the world!! It can only be the beginning!!

That is all I have for now, take care and thank you for your time and attention.

Sincerely,

Jesse I-I-I

No comments:

Search This Blog