Monday, June 4, 2012

Cultural Wasteland

Greetings Happy People,

As I flipped through the channels, I see plenty of television shows I used to watch as a kid. Many of them had  entertaining situations, challenging scenarios, and a valued message to leave behind at the end. These shows from the 70's, 80's, and early 90's were outstanding.

After watching these shows, I ask myself this following question.......

"WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH TODAY'S TV PROGRAMMING??!!!"

Today, we have shows that either miss the point, poison our minds with useless dribble, or just don't care anymore. If television is a reflection of today's society, we are not only heading towards a cultural wasteland, but UNDER it. It is at the point where the only channel I care to watch is ESPN. It is a complete and downright shame.

Twenty five years ago, we had shows like Family Ties, The Cosby Show, and 227. Now we have Survivor, Jersey Shore, and Basketball Wives. What happened? Have these Hollywood executives lowered the standards to the point where they can put ANYTHING on television for a price? This makes me want to shake my head in disappointment.

Thankfully, I have other options than to watch today's mindless dribble some people call entertainment. I can enjoy my favorite hobbies. I can step outside and enjoy any beautiful scenery that is out there. I can even spend quality time with friends and family.Many of these things are more captivating that what can be seen on television. Unlike the pseudo-reality mess that is being shown on a daily basis, I choose to do other worthwhile things.

It frightens me how minds are eaten away by this garbage. If television is like this right now, I dread to imagine what it will be like in the year 2027.

Are you sick and tired of what is being seen on today's television? If you are, remember that you do not have to put up with it. You have many choices in what you can do with your life. After all, it is better than having your mind erode away with unnecessary drama. Remember, you have the ability to turn off the pseudo-reality shows and turn on the reality of something better.

That is all I have for now. Take care and thank you for your time and attention.

Sincerely,

Jesse I-I-I

No comments:

Search This Blog