Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Oh Sherrie!!

Greetings Happy People,

The following message is a tribute to an awesome Toastmaster. As she completes her term as District Governor, I would like to say a few words about her. No matter what roles she served, this woman left a legacy for many people to follow – including myself. Her style and class puts her beyond Distinguished on many levels. She is courageous, amazing, and a true dynamo. She is none other than Sherrie Parker.

When I met her five years ago, she greeted me with a nice warm smile. When we started our terms as Area Governors, I knew that this was a person I can work with pretty well. She had a knack for putting things together. Whether it was for an Area Contest, finding a new club, or stepping in as a Division representative, Sherrie had the ability to do these things with complete magnificence.

When she stepped in as a Division Governor, she was looking for an Area Governor to serve for the 2006-2007 year. Knowing the strong leader she was, plus adding a few strawberries into the deal, I served as one of her Area Governors. Becoming an Area Governor for the second year in a row was totally worth it!! We had a pretty successful year not only because of some amazing Area Governors, but also with Sherrie’s uncommonly valuable leadership. There were six Areas in our Division and ALL of them became Distinguished or better!!

Looking at the success of her Area and Division Governorship, it is no wonder why two past District Governors awarded her with Area and Division Governor of the Year awards. Yes Happy People!! She is that darn good!!

Whether it is with one person or one hundred people, Sherrie has the ability to talk to a person with comfort. The wise words she gives can make anyone feel good. No matter how bad things can get, she is there to brighten up things with some great encouragement. Knowing this, I feel very fortunate to meet such a dynamic lady!!

When she steps down as District Governor on June 30th, what type of legacy will she leave behind for this District? She will leave a legacy of great leadership. She will leave a legacy of exceptional wisdom. She will leave a legacy of inspiration that will never be matched, but only emulated. These are the legacies she will give to future leaders like you and me.

Thank you Sherrie!! You are quite the inspiration!!

That is all I have for now. Take care and thank you for your time and attention.

Sincerely,

Jesse I-I-I

No comments:

Search This Blog