Tuesday, October 5, 2010

You Can't Touch This

Greetings Happy People,

I don't know about you, but I find it very hard to believe that M.C. Hammer's most popular rap song was the top hit in America - 20 YEARS AGO!!

If you ever rode in the car with me, you would probably notice that I listen to XM Radio. Some of my favorite channels are either 70's on 7, 80's on 8, and 90's on 9. These type of music are fun to listen to and pleasant to the ears. I also catch myself listening to Lithium - an XM station dedicated to 90's alternative music. Nirvana, Pearl Jam, The Offspring, and Soundgarden are the bands that one can catch on this station. I also like listening to The Groove - a station that plays old school R&B and funk.

When I listen to this music, I am taken back to different parts of my life that was pretty good. When I listen to these brands of music, my toes would tap, my head would bounce, and my booty would shake.I get funky to the beat and have no shame at all!!

Now these types of music can be heard not only on XM radio, but in supermakets, elevators, and hotel lobbies. I am at the point where hearing this music in these places is kind of freaky. What's even freakier is today's music or what some folks call music today.

How freaky can it be? Well let's look at the some of the top songs 20 years ago:

Vogue by Madonna

Nothing Compares to You by Sinead O'Connor

Vision of Love by Mariah Carey

Black Velvet by Alannah Miles

Ice Ice Baby by Vanilla Ice

Blaze of Glory - Jon Bon Jovi

Opposite Attract - Paula Abdul

U Can't Touch This - M.C. Hammer


Now!! Let's look at the top songs of 2010 shall we?

Tik Tok by Keisha

California Gurls by Katy Perry w/Snoop Dogg

OMG by Usher

Rude Boy by Rhianna


Huh?? I rarely heard of those songs. Nevertheless they are played on local radio stations.

How time goes by quickly. No matter if 5 or 15 more years pass, at least I will be able to enjoy the songs that make me feel good.

And for those people that are enjoying today's songs? Don't laugh because when you start hearing your music at the supermaket, the elevator, and the hotel lobby, you will realize how a little tune can bring up some good nostalgia. Heaven knows the "today's" music you will hear in the future.

That is all I have for now. Take care and thank you for your time and attention.

Sincerely,

Jesse I-I-I

No comments:

Search This Blog