Sunday, October 3, 2010

Divided House

Greetings Happy People,

Have you ever lived in a divided house?

If you never lived in one, you are fortunate. If you have, then you know it’s not easy to live in one.

How can one live in a divided house? That’s a tough question to answer. It depends on the person living in it. One can live in a divided house with despair and gloom. Another can live in the same house with the hope that it can come together and be a home.

On the surface, a house that is divided can never be a home. But underneath, there is still a possibility.

There are many reasons on how a house can be divided. It can be divided by race, religion, beliefs, fear, and complete ignorance. A house divided has little love because it is taken over by lots of hatred. People that live in divided houses can never really live for they are the ones that suffer. They suffer not only on a physical level, but emotionally too. Divided houses create broken hearts, mistrust in others, and small barriers that are big problems.

I lived in divided houses before and it’s not easy. For many years, I felt less empowered because I always thought that I did not have any control of the houses I lived in. It brought pain. It brought misery. It brought hopelessness. This thought lasted for years until I realized something. I can choose not to live in a divided house.

How can this be done? Well, I had two options.

The first one was to make attempts to bring the house together. Putting a divided house together is not an easy thing happy people. It takes time, dedication, and lots of driven effort. Some of the houses that were put together were back breaking, but the results were nothing short of priceless.

The second option was to simply move away. There were some divided houses that just can’t be fixed. If I lived in a house that was beyond repair, it will not be for long. Instead, I’d choose to move to a different house. Instead of living in a house of fear, I rather live in a house of acceptance and optimism. I just wish that more people can live in the same house.

If you are a person that is living in a divided house, remember that you don’t have to keep living in it. You can either put it together or find another place to live. No one can tell you anything that is different because you have that choice. If you choose to continue living in that divided house, I can only hope that you don’t stay there for long. You have that choice.

That is all I have for now. Take care and thank you for your time and attention.

Sincerely,

Jesse I-I-I

No comments:

Search This Blog