Friday, October 15, 2010

Unity in the Community

Greetings Happy People,

As I sit in front of the hotel computer in Palmdale, California. I realize the many things I a grateful for. Why am I in Palmdale writing to you happy people tonight? Tomorrow morning, I will be at the Division A Evaluation & Humorous Speech Contest. Later that afternoon, I will be at the Division C Contest in Las Vegas.

These Division are a part of District 33 Toastmasters. In this District we have eight Divisions: 5 are in central California and 3 are in the Las Vegas Valley. I have the privileged opportunity to attend these Division contests and so far and I am enjoying every moment of it. From Merced to Fresno, from Los Olivos to Thousand Oaks, from Lancaster to Las Vegas, each contest offers opportunities to enjoy each moment.

No matter how big or small the audience is the keys to having a successful contest lies in the people that attend and the atmosphere one brings. Whether it is done in an elaborate setting or something basic, these two things make the difference. When you have friendly, happy people at these events, it radiates throughout the place.

When I served as a Division Governor two years ago, I had a great time hosting these events. This is not only due to the themes, structures, and organization, but just the people in general. When I go out there, I have the most fun I can possibly have. Without these two things, how could I have a successful contest? It would be impossible.

Are there financial involvements with these contests? Yes. Is there lots of planning that has to be done for these events? Of course!! Is there a little nervousness before the event actually starts? I would be lying if I said no. Is there lots of marketing that has to be done for these events? Yes there is. But no matter what goes down, it takes lots of people and a positive atmosphere to make these contests a success. One might call it a sense of community spirit. When you have that spirit, there are no limits to what can be done.

There is always something about that community spirit that makes things better. It not only brings in a sense of teamwork, but it also allows everyone to have a stake in something successful. Whether it involves 2 or 200 people, the power of a strong community speaks for itself. It speaks volumes. It speaks loud. It speaks success. It is better to be a success in a community than to be failures as individuals. This unifying thought process can be taken to many aspects – work, sports, and anything that can be imagined.

With unity in the community, we all succeed!!
With unity in the community, we all prosper!!
With unity in the community, we all win!!

Together we can live our legacies to inspire and empower by catching our dreams for we all can have unity in the community!! It is possible!!

That is all I have for now. Take care and thank you for your time and attention.

Sincerely,

Jesse I-I-I

No comments:

Search This Blog